DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beats audio and alternatives

1. Droid
    Member #

Beats audio and alternatives

Hi, I saw a post on here saying that beats audio had been cracked for Bionic. I read mixed reviews about it. Some said it was amazing, some that it only lowered high range sounds and increased the base and mid range. Do you guys recommend it? Is it an equalizer program? Can I uninstall it if it's not for me? Are there programs that you think work better than this? Thank in advance for your input.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Was reading about this last month.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Beats...rbread_id27589

Was thinking about checking it out on XDA. I do notice an improvement with Beats Audio on a HP laptop I got a while back. Not sure the audio on the Bionic will show a big difference.

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk
    Cheers,
    'dawg

"Never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!"
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC ROOTED
    try Volume+ in the market... beats audio gets a lot of attention because of marketing but it's just an enhancer like the rest of these audio programs... don't worry... you're not missing out on anything grand
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXXX
    I flashed the beats audio zip and quite honestly, I can't notice a difference.

6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    PowerAmp has become one of my favorites... on just about any phone, with the equalizer settings and additional bass/treble settings (that can be saved), it can sound pretty awesome.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Thanks guys. I'm giving volume+ a try then i'll try out poweramp. One thing I like so far volume+ is the option that lets you change voice call volume. It's for root users. It made my voice calls louder and clearer through the earpiece.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC ROOTED
    The other strong point is... Volume+ is a global equalizer... with settings for every aspect of your phone individually... different settings for bluetooth or headset etc... and it eq's all sources ... video/music/call whatever... power amp is a stand alone music player that just offers eq for its own music... and it is a battery hog... it constantly turns itself on in the backround and runs for no apparent reason even though you haven't used it in a week and rebooted several times... you always see it in running services
    jntdroid likes this.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b00mb00mchuck View Post
    The other strong point is... Volume+ is a global equalizer... with settings for every aspect of your phone individually... different settings for bluetooth or headset etc... and it eq's all sources ... video/music/call whatever... power amp is a stand alone music player that just offers eq for its own music... and it is a battery hog... it constantly turns itself on in the backround and runs for no apparent reason even though you haven't used it in a week and rebooted several times... you always see it in running services
    That's good to know, wasn't aware of all that... will have to take a look at V+
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Great discussion! Will also give some of these a look

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk
    Cheers,
    'dawg

"Never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!"
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I think the issue with Beats Audio vs. another EQ program is that sound is subjective (for the most part), some people will like certain settings over another. I prefer the "Bass & Treble" preset in PowerAmp with the preamp upped a little bit more than stock, and that works great w/ my Beats headphones, but not so much in my car w/ stock speakers or with my S305 ROKR bluetooth headphones. So I find myself turning the EQ settings on and off depending on what I am using to listen to my music.

Quote Originally Posted by b00mb00mchuck View Post
    I have been using PowerAmp exclusively as my music player since I was on my OG DROID, so I can't really compare battery usage vs. not having it as I use it daily. I stuck w/ PowerAmp b/c I enjoy the ability to swipe between tracks and the different shuffle options available. The EQ is nice, but I can't compare it to V+ as I haven't tried that yet (although I'm probably going to check it out now). I don't like the stock music player, but am open to new suggestions.
    Jay

BIONIC - Ice Cream Sandwich .246 SafeStrap 3 (ICS/CM10/CodenameAndroid)
    Kindle Fire - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 by HashCode
    OG DROID DROID CONCEPTS ROMS (looking for ideas to re-purpose this fine device)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links