DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: You know what I just noticed....

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

You know what I just noticed....

I've had my bionic now since launch. Back when it first came out, i was looking for an immediate root fix (that was pretty immediately resolved). Shortly after that i was looking for an update from Verizon to fix some small bugs (which i honestly cant remember what they were now). A few months later i took the plunge on the extended battery, and was delightfully surprised with battery life.

Since that point, I've TOTALLY lost my devotion to keeping up with this forum! I remember doing another VZW update a month or so back that was inspired from this forum, but I honestly have NO qualms at all about my Verizon Wireless Droid Bionic w/ extended battery. I have no idea if i still have root after the update (think i do, since titanium backup seems to be doing its thing still). I have NO idea what OS version i'm on, nor what is the latest radio build, best rom, or best launcher. I just use it, charge it every 2 days or so, and go.

I entered the "Android" universe after hating life with my Blackberry Storm. My first android was the Droid X, and despite it still being in my mind one of the two best phones I've ever owned, i was CONSTANTLY on here looking for the latest fix, the latest Liberty build, and the replacement for Launcher Pro/ADW/whatever other launcher i tried. I HAD to have root, HAD to be overclocked, and HAD to know the exact procedure to recover. I was the same way with my Storm, and every other phone before that dating back to my moto T720 that was hex hacked to absolute death.

But now, i'm just your "average" smartphone user. I'm dumb to it all, have no CLUE what the latest phones have over my phone, which is inching up on a year old now i believe. This Droid, this Bionic, has me completely and utterly satisfied in my smartphone experience. I've got other newer Droid phones and Android Tablets in the house, but the Bionic is still the one.

So here's to the Droid Bionic. May have been over-hyped, under-appreciated, and under-powered for its time, but its the phone for me, and I truly feel no need to change that anytime soon. Hope you all have the chance to get there soon !

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Nice! I have to disagree on one thing..the Bionic was never underpowered! To me it's just as quick as anything else out right now.
    electricman58 likes this.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Nice! I have to disagree on one thing..the Bionic was never underpowered! To me it's just as quick as anything else out right now.
    I agree!! My sister-in-law just got the razar and I think my Bionic functions much better. I love my Bionic
    electricman58 likes this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545)
    Exactly!!! I was thinking the same thing the last couple of days as I was viewing postings on various Android forums. I am completely satisfied with my Bionic. I WORKS! I have no problems. It is reliable. I can depend on it at any time I need it to make a call, text, surf the net, find/navigate to a location, stream information/media, etc. It has all the features I need. Sure, I would love new features, but if they don't come, I truly would not miss them. To me, this is an example of a great smartphone that others should model after.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Thanks for posting this....
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    It really sucks because the issue isn't with the Bionic, it's with the connectivity. Every feature of the phone is top notch, and if you can't see that then you did something wrong. However, a good handful of people experienced consistent data drops after this or that update or from the start with no change. One thing started all of this, yet arguably the most important thing. I miss my Bionic, but I don't miss being the only one in the break room without a data connection. Others, especially iPhoners, are showing off a youtube video or looking something up or even just playing words with friends, while I'm sitting there limited to what doesn't require a connection, aka Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja. It sucked, especially since I didn't always have that issue.

Point is, in reality the bionic is totally awesome. But whatever is causing the network issues, be it the network itself or the phone, is a major drag and a damn shame, otherwise it could've been one of the best of all time. Can't emphasize enough how even with a better connection and extremely similar features, I really do miss my Bionic.
  8. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    One thing, each of us are different about our needs so what might be a great phone for you might not be of value for me and vice versa.

Heck, if it came down to owning a phone based on my needs rather than my wants, I'd still have my Moto E815.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    One thing, each of us are different about our needs so what might be a great phone for you might not be of value for me and vice versa.

Heck, if it came down to owning a phone based on my needs rather than my wants, I'd still have my Moto E815.
    However, it seems that the "wants" that are the heart of many disappointments. There are limitations to these devices, and we need to understand them or we will be eternally disappointed from our wants.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhom View Post
    However, it seems that the "wants" that are the heart of many disappointments. There are limitations to these devices, and we need to understand them or we will be eternally disappointed from our wants.
    Not really limits. As soon as Intel gets their chip sets in phones, and the market really starts getting competitive.....

I think we will all see a lot of WOW factor getting stuck in these phones. Remember the old silver razr From four years ago? When i had that phone(my very first phone with Verizon) I was thinking... eh its okay but wouldn't it be awesome if they could get it to surf the web more like a p.c. and have the ability to download movies in seconds......

Well now look what we can do... so look ahead....

I'm a dreamer. What can. I say

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post

Lol, you love to reference that E815 aaf. Can't say I blame you, I use one for my backup line on Verizon. Shame it can't receive calls anymore. But I don't think you quite got what I was saying, as it's not really a needs/wants thing. All I meant was the Bionic is a solid device that, were it not for the data issues, would mean the decision would come down to a preference in style and company, and the history of the Bionic would be completely different. Basically, imagine a world where Hitler never existed. Same idea. At this stage in the game I don't see any phone being vastly superior to another, it's the little differences that matter. And sadly, with the Bionic one of its little differences was a big issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links