DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How To Stop Verizon From Throttling Your Phone

  1. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnologicallyChallenged View Post
    Since changing these parameters, my data speeds have actually dropped significantly. At least on 3G. Have not had the opportunity to test it on 4G yet.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    did u reboot the phone after changing the parameters u must reboot for them to take affect its just like the mobile hot spot hack you have to reboot before it works
  2. TechnologicallyChallenged's Avatar
    Member #
    241808
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    72
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #22
    I did reboot and speeds were consistently slow. Today I'm having mixed results. At times I will be above 2 Mbps down and other times will barely break .50 Mbps on 3G.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. Senior Droid
    idk5's Avatar
    Member #
    80531
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Driggs, ID
    Posts
    174
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnologicallyChallenged View Post
    I did reboot and speeds were consistently slow. Today I'm having mixed results. At times I will be above 2 Mbps down and other times will barely break .50 Mbps on 3G.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    OK try changing line 32 throttle_reset_day to 0

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    Parawood's Avatar
    Member #
    93440
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by idk5 View Post
    OK try changing line 32 throttle_reset_day to 0

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Also was having a slow down after applying the OP changes. Changed line 32 to"0" and rebooted. Did not improve. Went back in an noticed line 32 had disappeared. It reappeared as line 246 with a value of "10". Set it back to the original of "5".

    This did not seem to effect my Bionic in a positive way. Any thoughts?
  5. Droid Ninja
    jcwilliams's Avatar
    Member #
    92494
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,398
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    did u reboot the phone after changing the parameters u must reboot for them to take affect its just like the mobile hot spot hack you have to reboot before it works
    I'm going to try this. And what is this hot spot hack you speak of?! Lol
    Last edited by jcwilliams; 03-01-2012 at 08:12 PM.

    Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher




    Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  6. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwilliams View Post
    I'm going to try this. And what is this hot door hack you speak of?! Lol
    Its a hack for free mobile hot spot i am using it now

    Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  7. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Parawood View Post
    Also was having a slow down after applying the OP changes. Changed line 32 to"0" and rebooted. Did not improve. Went back in an noticed line 32 had disappeared. It reappeared as line 246 with a value of "10". Set it back to the original of "5".

    This did not seem to effect my Bionic in a positive way. Any thoughts?
    The hack only prevents throttling if u are not currently being throttled u will not see any changes it worked for me cuz i was being throttled my data usage was about 35 gigs for the month an i was only half way through the month plus if u are on a 3G network with a -dbm of at least 60-65 dont expect speeds higher the 2 mbsps after the hack

    Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  8. Droid Ninja
    jcwilliams's Avatar
    Member #
    92494
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,398
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Its a hack for free mobile hot spot i am using it now

    Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
    Where can I find this at?

    Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher




    Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  9. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwilliams View Post
    Where can I find this at?
    Its pretty simple just open sqlite editor scroll down till u see settings an storage (the one with the hammer an wrench) tap on that then go settings.db-- settings---- then look for entitlement check its around line 150 when u find it go to the value number it should say 1 change it to 0 an reboot but when u start mobile hot spot u need to change the dhcp from 192.168.42.2 to 192.168.99.2 an then ur done

    Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  10. Droid Ninja
    jcwilliams's Avatar
    Member #
    92494
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,398
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Its pretty simple just open sqlite editor scroll down till u see settings an storage (the one with the hammer an wrench) tap on that then go settings.db-- settings---- then look for entitlement check its around line 150 when u find it go to the value number it should say 1 change it to 0 an reboot but when u start mobile hot spot u need to change the dhcp from 192.168.42.2 to 192.168.99.2 an then ur done

    Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

    thanks man! i just did both of these hacks.

    Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher




    Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Throttling: How to make them stop
    By Ipay43g in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 04:34 PM
  2. [GUIDE] How to stop Data Throttling
    By hbah427 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 09:01 PM
  3. Throttling, is Verizon?
    By jimmyco2008 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 03:08 PM
  4. Verizon IS Throttling!?
    By jimmyco2008 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 05:35 PM
  5. data throttling hack on verizon
    By thinkmega in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 05:11 PM

Search tags for this page

how can i tell if verizon is throttling my data

,

how do i know if verizon is throttling me

,
how do you know if verizon is throttling your data
,

how to know if verizon is throttling you

,
how to tell if verizon is throttling me
,

how to tell if verizon is throttling my data

,

how to tell if verizon is throttling you

,
stop verizon data throttling
,
verizon data throttling hack
,
verizon throttle hack
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+