DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone that HAD data dropping issues that were actally FIXED by updates?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Anyone that HAD data dropping issues that were actally FIXED by updates?

Hey all, I'm one of the early adopters that suffers to this day from data dropping that has become notorious with the Bionic (since day 1...). I love the phone, but I'm sick of the false hope every time an update promises to fix the issue, and then doesn't. Fortunately, I'm on Wifi so much that I almost don't notice, but if I'm on an extended car trip somewhere with the kids and I cant punch up Netflix, I get irate.

So I'm wondering, are there any people that have actually seen their Bionics fixed by these updates? I stopped by the Verizon store the other day to make my complaint formal, and got the typical "There's an update coming in the next couple of weeks that is going to fix it." So that's basically where I am now, I will give it two more weeks when the next update comes out, otherwise will demand a replacement, because it is ridiculous to expect me to turn the phone off and on every time data drops and wait 2 minutes for it to start up and HOPEFULLY have a function that I paid for...

Followup question...could it be that my Bionic itself is jacked up or will I see the same issues with any replacement I get?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Not everyone is having issues with data dropping. I think it's more about your area, so i would imagine even the replacement would have the same problems.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    I can't say that it's been fixed... But it definitely has gotten much better with the updated versions. I haven't had a drop since 902, but I haven't traveled much since then either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    For background information, I purchased my phone while I was in Arizona, and used it there for about a month before heading back to Hawaii, same issues. Not a whole lot of places to 'travel' to on an island, but I can't imagine that data dropping is due to my location. When I have it, I have a pretty strong 4G connection.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Are you on 902? Also, the times mine had trouble weren't in low signal area's... It seemed like it was when it was handing off from one tower to the next, if that makes sense.

7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    If you're going to demand a replacement DO NOT GO into a verizon store. Call Verizon (*611 from your phone), and talk with a CSR. They have a lot more authorization and wiggle room to work with customers unlike the store employees.

The only reason to go into a verizon store is to buy something. If you want to complain, or want something "out of the ordinary" call verizon. You'll get A LOT further, and better results.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I travel a lot throughout my area (Field Tech Job) and I can say that the data drop issue I was having seemed to go away since .902

very strong connection to 4G and seamless transitions back and forth between the two radios
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    I haven't lost a connection in over a month thank God

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiWB View Post
    I stopped by the Verizon store the other day to make my complaint formal, and got the typical "There's an update coming in the next couple of weeks that is going to fix it."
    Yes, both updates and especially 902 have fixed the data issues very well for me. And from what I read my impression is that it fixed it for most people. Are you on 902 and still having problems? If you are then call VZ, don't go to their stores. They will drive you crazy. Call VZ, let them know you are still having problems. They will send you a new phone, if that doesn't fix it for you after trying a couple of new phones they will give you the option of getting a different model...if you push them a little.

Now, if you are not on 902 then speak up and we will help get you on it.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    902 does seem a lot better actually. I had one data drop a few days ago, but that's the only one since the update... (I also had it in my pocket in an area of my house I know gets very poor signal to begin with, so maybe it just went into sleep mode, and didn't come back out?)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links