DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone that HAD data dropping issues that were actally FIXED by updates?

1. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    I got my Bionic about 6 weeks after they came out. I had a few drop and reconnect issues within the first 2 weeks or so. Since not one single issue. I am still on .886. I have never had a push update, and I have never had anything other than the not available message when I check for system updates.
    If you aren't at least getting a "You're device is up to date!" message, then it's unlikely you'll be getting an OTA update. This is because you're not connecting correctly to the server. If it said that you're up to date then it's simply the fact that you're not scheduled to get it yet.

You have 3 options...

1) Remove battery and sim card. Then replace battery only and power up. Power down, remove battery, replace sim card (& battery) and power up. Be sure to put the sim card in correctly (see Post #18). Take a look at https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-card-swapping where it says "In the event you remove your SIM and replace with another SIM card, you may experience a disruption in certain services like OTA (Over The Air) updates and social networking services."

2) Do a Factory Reset. Many people have done this and gotten the update right away.

3) Install the update manually. There are several threads on where to get the file and how to install it.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    If you aren't at least getting a "You're device is up to date!" message, then it's unlikely you'll be getting an OTA update. This is because you're not connecting correctly to the server. If it said that you're up to date then it's simply the fact that you're not scheduled to get it yet.

You have 3 options...

1) Remove battery and sim card. Then replace battery only and power up. Power down, remove battery, replace sim card (& battery) and power up. Be sure to put the sim card in correctly (see Post #18). Take a look at https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-card-swapping where it says "In the event you remove your SIM and replace with another SIM card, you may experience a disruption in certain services like OTA (Over The Air) updates and social networking services."

2) Do a Factory Reset. Many people have done this and gotten the update right away.

3) Install the update manually. There are several threads on where to get the file and how to install it.
    I am getting "Your Device is Up to Date" message, I just misquoted it in my post. My point is, if I have no issues, why should I try to fix what is not broke? As I understand some have had several updates pushed to them, but I have had none. But if the update is finally pushed to me, should I run from it, because nothing is broke?
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  3. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    I am getting "Your Device is Up to Date" message, I just misquoted it in my post. My point is, if I have no issues, why should I try to fix what is not broke? As I understand some have had several updates pushed to them, but I have had none. But if the update is finally pushed to me, should I run from it, because nothing is broke?
    OK, if you're getting that then you're fine. Of course, OTA updates can load in the background so you'd get an option to install (rather than saying an update is available) when the phone comes up from sleep.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    OK, if you're getting that then you're fine. Of course, OTA updates can load in the background so you'd get an option to install (rather than saying an update is available) when the phone comes up from sleep.
    Something is wrong of he's still on .886. Everyone should at least be on .893. He's two updates behind.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suuperflie View Post
    Something is wrong of he's still on .886. Everyone should at least be on .893. He's two updates behind.

He said, "My point is, if I have no issues, why should I try to fix what is not broke?" so he's not interested in updating.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I got a replacement right before. 902 came out, that and the. 902 fixed most of problems. Things have been good lately.

7. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    I've had a couple data drops before but since the update I forgot what it' even like for 4g to go out. Everything literally runs perfect on my bionic

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    902 for me has actually sped up the recovery of 3g. I still get drops but the recovery is faster. My gf's iphone on the same verizon network still doesn't lose its signal in the exact same place I drop. But I must admit... I wanted to smash my phone real bad when I had the 800 updates that didn't work. Now its tolerable.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    .902 is a world of difference. All of my data problems are pretty much non existent. I never installed .901, went right to .902 OTA

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid bionic
    well i have been on 893 902 and 901 and 893 and 902 sucked always droped data and wouldn't get it back without a reboot or aiplane toggle however my phone running 901 sick fast and almost zero data drops it makes my phone perform the way it should. just my 2 cents
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links