DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tired of everybody complaining about their Bionic.....

1. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I do understand some people's complaints. I've wondered if data problems would appear (or disappear) if Bionic owners were to stand shoulder to shoulder.

Back in 2005 the Prius was hard to come by. Generally you got on a list and wait. If a Prius was on a lot, the time spent there was 24 hours. On the Prius forum there were complainers on how bad the Prius was. Then you'd discover that they saw one on a lot and bought it on impulse without a test drive. It turns out that they were either very large (or tall) and found the seats uncomfortable and were in pain after 30 minutes. I have no problem driving my Prius for hours. Now who is right about the seats, them or me? Well, we both are because a lot of things are subjective.

That being said, my Bionic has worked the way I wanted it to since day one. No data problems and with the extended battery I don't worry about battery life.
    Last edited by aaf709; 02-20-2012 at 05:44 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid a la floyd
    Never had a problem with data until I went to a particular part of Chinatown. Other neighborhoods in Manhattan have worked reasonably seamlessly since October.

Must have been in a data shadow or something, but when I tried to use google maps to find an obscure restaurant on the fly, I was porked. Embarrassing with a date. Rebooting and toggling airplane mode was useless to regain data connection..

Definitely a Verizon infrastructure issue. I now understand the anger with Verizon pushing or a half-baked, and now apparently orphan product/technology.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Had my stock Bionic since Dec 15, could not be happier. Great phone! Dance on Bionic & Moto!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Didn't know where else to really put this, didn't want to start a thread, but I just got off the phone with Verizon. Unfortunately my Bionic experience has all but died since the .902 update and I will most likely be getting a Rezound. I have one more replacement I'll try out tomorrow. However I was talking with the guy while we did an obligatory factory data reset (even though I told him I just did one), and we started talking about updates. He was a really knowledgeable guy, who was INFINITELY more in touch with the smart phone world than any CS or tech support or sales rep has EVER been. He sort of discreetly threw out that there should be another update coming after .902. Didn't say who/what/when/where/or why, and the only reason I'm mentioning it was because he really seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Was clear he wasn't reading some script while we talked about the nature of 4G and he gave me a history lesson on the Atrix and the Bionic etc etc. Not that it really affects me at this point, but I thought some of you might like to know...

Has any rep ever been right? Not to my knowledge. But I honestly have not met a rep as knowledgeable as this guy was. Do with this what you will.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    Mine is garbage. Its been months since I have turned on 4g. It will work for about a minute then it says 3g data link lost. If I try to turn the volume down in a call, it ends the call. I have lots of complaints of people never getting a hold of me. I would love the phone , if it worked. I also love in a rock solid 4 g area.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Try getting a replacement? Im sure over 80% of us have never had any problems. Maybe you just got a bad phone? My sister had a ****ty D2G that the battery barely lasted 4 hrs and my friend had one that ran for over a day, both on heavy usage... so I would say the phone varies.. I bought this phone off cowboom.com and no problems at all..

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Bionic/ Nexus/Note2?lumia920
    I've never had any issues with my Bionic since day 1 it came with .893 and now running .902 and still has been very solid in the 4g 3g area seamlessly shifts between the two.The only real complaint I have with this phone is that I wish the stock music player was better. But I have been using Mixzing since the second day and couldn't care less for the stock music player,but it would have been nice to be able to use the stock one instead.

Running With the Magic Rom................... JBSourcery 4.1,.. JellyBean

Galaxy Nexus..... 4.2.1.. Jelly Bean
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    One of my favorite phones yet

9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I loved it while it worked. But after three bionics all dieing on me in a months time Verizon swapped it for a rezound. No issues since. I bet the new Bionics are solid but the replacements are garbage. My 2 cents.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    In general when one goes through 3 or more replacements and finds issues with every one, the problem is not the phone.

Sent from my AXI0M [B]IONIC using DroidForums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links