DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: worked or did not work?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • worked

35 79.55%
  • did not work

9 20.45%
Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    I used the one from this post on page 1
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    from step 3
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDroid View Post
    from step 3
    try the .886 alternative also before u do that please tell me what system version u were on prior to flashing my FXZ
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    901 pathsaver forever rooted
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    it never flashed. it just uncompressed in rsd and then when it tried to start i recieved the error. the phone is fine.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic

Thank you Sargentmajord! Once last question... Will this exploit wrk if I get ICS OTA

//QUOTE "no u shouldnt have to un root since with the update all traces of root are gone except the super user apk hich is ok all the script will do is root the phone an fail at the installation process of super user since its already there so u will be fine just run the exploit" END QUOTE//

Thank you Sargentmajord. I was hoping for that answer. I do have yet another question... If I get an OTA for ICS, will I again loose root? Will I get blocked from ICS in the upgrade path if I use this exploit? I don't want to try to step back to .886 and then try to install forever root. Most importantly, I want to remain on the upgrade path for ICS which I believe will be the next upgrade for the Bionic - right?

Why is it that I can root and get the OTA (I have received and successfully upgraded two OTA's while rooted) while others have rooted and installed leaked upgrades (Cheesecake) and subsequently got tossed off of the upgrade path?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    from step 3
    use .886 alternative it states in the OP to use that if u have used p3droids pathsaver/dhackers foreveroot/restore since the are in compatible with the .893 FXZ
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinoib View Post
    //QUOTE "no u shouldnt have to un root since with the update all traces of root are gone except the super user apk hich is ok all the script will do is root the phone an fail at the installation process of super user since its already there so u will be fine just run the exploit" END QUOTE//

Thank you Sargentmajord. I was hoping for that answer. I do have yet another question... If I get an OTA for ICS, will I again loose root? Will I get blocked from ICS in the upgrade path if I use this exploit? I don't want to try to step back to .886 and then try to install forever root. Most importantly, I want to remain on the upgrade path for ICS which I believe will be the next upgrade for the Bionic - right?

Why is it that I can root and get the OTA (I have received and successfully upgraded two OTA's while rooted) while others have rooted and installed leaked upgrades (Cheesecake) and subsequently got tossed off of the upgrade path?
    becuase when people installed the cheeseckae updates it updated their kernerl/radio to an unsupported one where my FXZ files dont touch the kernel just the radio file but dont worry it just back tracks the radio to the .893 version which is supported by moto an u are not off the upgrade path. as for the ICS update my FXZ file will become usless when that comes through since it a completely different OS my FXZ files are based off the GB os that is currently running on the bionic once the ICS update comes through i would have to create a new FXZ to roll back to GB. as for rooting u will not keep root when ICS comes out cuz like i said its a different OS an since its new we currently dont have an exploit for it so when we do update the bionic to ICS we will have to wait for a Dev to come up with an exploit.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    it never flashed. it just uncompressed in rsd and then when it tried to start i recieved the error. the phone is fine.
    the .886 version is the one u need
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    Thank you Sargentmajord. What driver file do you use for Windows 7 PC? I just did a google for Droid Bionic Drivers and found Driver Manager and downloaded it and installed it on my pc. Does that sound like a correct driver process?

Looking at the start up screen it looks more like a "come on" or even worst malware. I tried to get a screen copy of what I downloaded but I was unable to copy it to Droidforums.

Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    becuase when people installed the cheeseckae updates it updated their kernerl/radio to an unsupported one where my FXZ files dont touch the kernel just the radio file but dont worry it just back tracks the radio to the .893 version which is supported by moto an u are not off the upgrade path. as for the ICS update my FXZ file will become usless when that comes through since it a completely different OS my FXZ files are based off the GB os that is currently running on the bionic once the ICS update comes through i would have to create a new FXZ to roll back to GB. as for rooting u will not keep root when ICS comes out cuz like i said its a different OS an since its new we currently dont have an exploit for it so when we do update the bionic to ICS we will have to wait for a Dev to come up with an exploit.
Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Links