I'm getting an update install fail error when I try to install the OTA update. My phone is currently rooted via Pete's root tool.
My phone was fine up until my phone kept asking me to install the OTA update. I decided to go forward with the update as I read online that it greatly improves battery life.
So here's the steps that I took before attempting to install the update:
1) I entered the forever root script via text editor through the root explorer app
2) Restarted the phone via bootstrap and wiped my cache and reset my phone
3) Restarted my phone back to stock (entered google information, etc.)
4) Downloaded the OTA update via Settings
This is where I'm getting the error. After I download and try to install, the phone refuses to install the update.
I read through the forums and figured that it was because of the frozen bloatware apps.
5) Installed AntTek to see if I can unfreeze the frozen bloatware apps but that tab was empty (no apps were in the frozen tab).
I have no idea where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I don't mind having to restart my phone and losing root and what not.
I just want to move forward from this, re-root it, forever root and not have to worry about losing root for future OTA updates.
Thanks in advance all.