DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bluetooth hell... please help! must be hands free truck driver

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Premium Member
    I downloaded the Vlingo app to work with my Blueant S4 ... Could give that a try

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    BlueParrott B250-xt is the only Bluetooth I have found to hold up to vocational driving. I'm a fuel hauler, our trucks are almost as loud as your dump. Excellent speaker volume, noise cancelling is second to none. I can have the window open, CB and radio on, and the conversation is clear both ways. 2 cool things about the B250: the battery is replaceable AND the headset works while it is charging! Not like you will need that much, I charge mine once a week. Look on Amazon, I picked mine up for around $50, but the last 4 guys at work to get them paid closer to $80.
    http://www.vxicorp.com/products/blue...dsets/b250-xt/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Another vote for the Blue Parrot. It's the only choice for commercial drivers.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by BePrepared View Post
    Another vote for the Blue Parrot. It's the only choice for commercial drivers.

I too am a commercial truck driver. I own/owned my share of BT headsets from the first days they have been produced but after no longer being able to deny actual hearing loss, I've reverted back to duel in ear cabled headsets. These ZaGG smart buds keep me legally handsfree, protect my hearing yet allow me to wear add'l ear muff style protection if desired. I use my BT when around town off duty where the noise is not an issue. I have gone from the TV set to vol 50 back to 15... Food for thought guys and gals.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Another blue parrot truck driver here. It is the best that I have tried for loudness and being understood on the other end by far. I have to say though that the voice dial doesnt work as well as my iphone. Very rarely will it just dial the number. I have to run down a list of choices. "Did you say toyota service?" no "Did you say home 3?" no "Did you say Wife Other?" WHAT!!! I don't have an "Other Wife" and those things don't sound like each other at all anyway. I thought it was supposed to learn as time goes on but my voice dial lady is stupid I guess.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by slim6596 View Post
    Blue Parrot Road Warrior B250xt

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
    I recommend this headset. I've been using it for quite a while now and it's awesome. No issue with connectivity nor outside noise. I love being able to change from around the ear to over the head or behind the neck style. It keeps my ear from getting sore and keeps me from having an itchy ear hole!
    If you can't build it you shouldn't be using it.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by logan1nwo View Post
    Long story short...
    New to forums and such so I hope I am posting in right place. I am 39, still learning this technology and I drive a loud dump truck for 11 hours a day 6 days a week. I had original droid but now have the BIONIC. I need a Bluetooth headset/earpeice that works, that I can hear over the truck and that keeps me hands free and off the phone itself.
    I spent big money and tried the Motorola elite silver from Verizon... junk! no one could hear me!
    I tried a cheap Just Wireless BT-38 from Target... worked great and it used the free app my moto speak (which on a side not I hate cause it sounds like a cheap copmputer voice from the late 80's) However the earpice was too damn uncomfprtable.
    Took both bluetooths back and the got the BLUEANT Q2. I love it. It is loud, fits well and I can hear you and everyone can hear me clear... HOWEVER, THE VOICE COMANDS DOES NOt WORK!!!???!!!!
    When I hit the button on headset it says loading voice commands then says not compatable with phone!!!! Are you kidding me??!! 300 bucks for Bionic and 100 bucks for Q2 (both state of the art and fairly new) and still I can't win. Please help me. I read on some threads that Q2 works with Bionic and on other threads it does not.
    Yes both pair to each other and calls are clear but voice comands to activate make call or text with voice does not for me
    my husband is also a truck driver and when i get home i'll tell you what he has...totally hands free and its so quiet! i can't hear anything from his end when we talk...no jake brake...to road noise nothing! i'll make sure to find out and get back to you
    B0B0 likes this.
    ~Started With:~
    ~Then Discovered:~
    ~Now in love with my: BiOnIc!!~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links