Can anyone tell me the easiest way to flash to the 5.5.901? Right now I have the 5.5.893
Here is the thread that I mentioned in your "intro post"...good luck!
upgrading to 901? heres everything you need and what to do.
**Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**
1. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Put the downloaded file on the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not internal storage). No need to change the name.
5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
6. Power phone down
7. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded above, press Power and let it load.
11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (a few minutes)
I sincerely appreciate everyone's help. I updated and did NOT lose my data. it's still dropped 3g connection however which pisses me off but maybe this time it won't be as often.
You know I took my phone into the verizon store and the employee (without even bothering to try to look at my phone) said "all bionics have trouble connecting to 3g. I can give you another phone but it'll do the same thing." I said "then I want out of my contract since you sold me a defective model phone." "oh NO, let's see what we can do..."
OK just playing around with it, it appears that connecting to wi fi disables the 3g automatically on this update (901). Which makes sense, probably a battery saver. And then turning off the wi fi, I have to refresh the network using the "fresh network" app but then it connects again. Does that sound familiar?