DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anybody else ready to kick their Bionic to the curb?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle0554 View Post
    My internal memory is full and my sd card has 25 gb free but my says sd full? Im so lost... anyone else having these issues???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Usually a reboot will fix this. Give'r a try!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I already did enough was enough cant wait on Motorola to get off their butt and fix the issues

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    No.
    Just like I do not cancel my cable when there are outages, nor do I turn off my electricity because it went out. Now, I have been conpensated with my cable company when it a while to fix the problem.
    My bionic is stable, works great and does most everything I would like it to do. I have very reasonable expectations of a smartphone. It is not a perfect device, none are. I strayed from Motorola on a few occasions in my cell phone life since the early 90s but I always end up back with moto. My last 3 month venture with the LG 4g phone was a nightmare, where it would not allow me to set how often to check for emails and a battery that was only a few hours of life. I was so glad to have a Bionic after that. Even on 3g with my d2 I could beat most of my friends searching for something ( without racing). Most friends have the istuff, but many have admired my device and these are busy moms- not tech people who mess a lot with root, boot, or speed tests. Just real world use, for real world people who want a device that does what they want it to do.

Now if one of the techies can make a different phone do my laundry, drive kids to practices, help kids with homework, and cook dinner..... I might look at changing!
    And in MY area, Verizon works reliably. But I do miss Alltel!

ETA- I do look forward to what new things happen with an update!
    Last edited by 3sweeties; 01-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    mamawm likes this.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    KillaKawi
    Phone
    HTC One-Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by lithoman View Post
    Sorry Bro i dont want to bash you... but you seem to be a bionic hater with the thread you started. My point is what phone out there is everything to everyone...NONE. Tell me what the I4 can do.... that the Bionic cant. The dropped data is verizon.. not bionic. I know this phone will run circles around the I4 but i dont go on the i4 forms and post it. If you dont like the bionic then move on...if you are a droid user....what phone and why.....is there something you like about it that I4 cant do??
    OK no more Koolade
    Im not Bionic hater per se, as i had one lol. I just didn't have a very good experience with it, but i know a lot of others who have never had an issue which is normal. I didn't start a thread about the bionic but i do chime in sometimes on certain threads lol. Umm..there really isn't a difference between either of the top 2 mobile OS's. They both have come so far that they are nearly on par with each other so that its basically down to hardware now a days. My MAIN reason for having an iPhone is have ALL of my music on iTunes which is on my iMac lol. I have put a lot of money into Apple/iTunes, so its almost necessary for me to have an iPhone, not because i think its better than Android because in fact, I don't.

If you have been reading most of my posts lately, i have been saying I'm thinking of coming back with either the GNex or Rezound. But I'm almost tempted to just wait for the next wave of super phones to see what we get.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jedi View Post
    But I'm almost tempted to just wait for the next wave of super phones to see what we get.
    History tells us more/newer bugs is what we'll get!
    Dark_Jedi likes this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    S 4
    Now that 901 is on my phone I'm very happy with the Bionic,its the phone I wanted it to be and should hold me over for at least a year and a half.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    KillaKawi
    Phone
    HTC One-Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    History tells us more/newer bugs is what we'll get!
    lol that is very well true.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    qsminsd
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by nkkojak View Post
    I guess not... but I expected better performance than my Droid 2.... plus the data issues are killing me... obviously not literaly.
    If you're not seeing more performance than your Droid 2, you are broken.

I just gave my Bionic to my gf (she had a Droid2) and she LOVES it. She keeps raving about how much smoother and faster it is.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jedi View Post
    Im not Bionic hater per se, as i had one lol. I just didn't have a very good experience with it, but i know a lot of others who have never had an issue which is normal. I didn't start a thread about the bionic but i do chime in sometimes on certain threads lol. Umm..there really isn't a difference between either of the top 2 mobile OS's. They both have come so far that they are nearly on par with each other so that its basically down to hardware now a days. My MAIN reason for having an iPhone is have ALL of my music on iTunes which is on my iMac lol. I have put a lot of money into Apple/iTunes, so its almost necessary for me to have an iPhone, not because i think its better than Android because in fact, I don't.

If you have been reading most of my posts lately, i have been saying I'm thinking of coming back with either the GNex or Rezound. But I'm almost tempted to just wait for the next wave of super phones to see what we get.
    I just want to say, compared to other, unnamed, former Bionic users who come back here to whine, you handled this very well and gave us an opinion without coming off as a monstrous troll. Your first post was a LITTLE condescending, but I don't think it was intentional, and you are right you have an opinion just like us. The important part is you don't use your opinion to spew hate and call names and get into e-fights, but rather to give another perspective. You responded to that one guy calling you out in a friendly but straightforward manner almost unheard of on internet forums. Props to you.

I admit, if I had a faulty Bionic I'd probably be pretty mad too, especially since I came from a POS X2 before hand. I would've taken a blood oath to swear off Motorola forever. So I can empathize with those of you who just straight up disliked their Bionic. I don't blame you. But there's no reason to call others names or "Bionic zealots," as one user so eloquently posted, just because you were screwed over and they weren't. Also Sub-Zero is a bad ass, so bonus points for you.

As for the next phone, I personally would just hold off for the quad cores. Yeah, they'll have bugs on release...so wait a few months before you buy. It'll only be another month or two before a whole new squad of flagships come flying in, so if you can manage that long I'd personally just wait. Conversely, I think the Rezound is better than the Nexus. An unlocked bootloader isn't the end of the world for other phones. All these other phones will still have plenty of rooted customization options, so unless you plan on REALLY going all out with phone modding, unless you want a slightly larger screen, I see no benefit to the Nexus. ICS is still buggy, no removable storage (a major letdown), and mediocre battery life. I've been hearing great things about the Rezound though, my only complaint is the ugly extended battery...
    Dark_Jedi likes this.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Actually the internal memory is pretty nice. It all goes to one place, no media area or any of that. And I don't have any bugs and the battery is just short of the killer life my Bionic has. Keep in mind the people with the problems are the ones that post most. Same with any phone really.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links