DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official STOCK 901 Update Thread (No Rooting Discussions)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Hey everyone, first post.

I manually updated my phone to the latest 901 update and my phone is running great. Data drops are very seldom now and battery life has increased tremendously!

Thanks for the walk throughs on how to install from the sd card!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Not sure if the problems are completely network related or just the phone. My Bionic never got any worse data coverage than my original Droid did. But we just got my girlfriend the new iPhone and she gets data in areas where I can't even get a phone call. Both of us are on Verizon in the Northern Midwest, where US Cellular is the most reliable service all around.

Since my update to 901, I do seem to have more reliable data, but it's nothing compared to her iPhone. Not sure about my battery life, but I recently discovered Google currents, so I've been using that a lot lately.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    And before anyone can say it, I know the iPhone is not a 4G phone. I'm just using it as an example to compare data coverage between two devices on the same network. :-)

If these issues were mostly with the carrier itself, I would think I would at least have 3G along with a different device on the same network.

Then again, I can't say I know exactly how 4G works as compared to 3G. I just know I like it when I have it!

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieZee View Post
    And before anyone can say it, I know the iPhone is not a 4G phone. I'm just using it as an example to compare data coverage between two devices on the same network. :-)

If these issues were mostly with the carrier itself, I would think I would at least have 3G along with a different device on the same network.

Then again, I can't say I know exactly how 4G works as compared to 3G. I just know I like it when I have it!

That's a bad comparison. The 4G phones have a different way of communicating with the towers even in 3G mode. From everything I've read, it seems like the hangup is somewhere in the authentication procedure for the 4G devices.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Ahh, then that shoots my theory down. But it also gives me hope that they're hard at work fixing it!

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by nateohio View Post
    That's a bad comparison. The 4G phones have a different way of communicating with the towers even in 3G mode. From everything I've read, it seems like the hangup is somewhere in the authentication procedure for the 4G devices.
    Yep. Apparently since Verizon wants to move completely to 4g within the next couple of years they wanted the 4g phones to even authenticate 3g with the same system they use for 4g. Supposedly to make the transition nice and smooth. Which obviously worked right?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nateohio View Post
    It's failing because you're still not stock. You need to get back to 886, upgrade to 5.5.893, and then flash the 901 build. Try this:

Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method
    Thank you. That fixed my problem.
    You shut your mouth when you're talkin to me!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I had updated my Bionic with the leaked 5.7.??? and it wouldn't take the .901 update. So, I used the method posted earlier in this thread to take it back to stock 5.5.886. Now, when it tries to update to the OTA update it fails every time. It also fails when I try to do the .901 update which I have installed on the SD card. The phone has never been rooted, just the leaked updates installed. Any help would be appreciated...
  9. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steelman52 View Post
    I had updated my Bionic with the leaked 5.7.??? and it wouldn't take the .901 update. So, I used the method posted earlier in this thread to take it back to stock 5.5.886. Now, when it tries to update to the OTA update it fails every time. It also fails when I try to do the .901 update which I have installed on the SD card. The phone has never been rooted, just the leaked updates installed. Any help would be appreciated...
    You'll need to be at 5.5.893 for the 5.9.901 update to work. See post #117 above.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    You'll need to be at 5.5.893 for the 5.9.901 update to work. See post #117 above.
    That's my problem. The 5.5.893 OTA update keeps failing. The link you pointed me to on post #117 says it roots the phone when it does it's thing, and I really wasn't wanting to root it, just get it back to stock and on the upgrade path. Are there any other fixes to get it back to stock that doesn't root the phone? (I've already done the fix to take it from 5.7.897(?) to 5.5.886, which was supposed to get it to a state to accept the 5.5.893 OTA update, but something has gone foul)
    Last edited by steelman52; 01-06-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Links