DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Should I get a bionic?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3

Should I get a bionic?

I have the oppurtunity to buy a bionic for 350 dollars. I wouldn't of even considered of buying one bcuz of all the negative feedback it was getting. But now I'm hearing about how the latest update is making the phone perform the way everyone thought it would from the start. I know somebody is thinking get a razr/nexus. Trust me I would if I could buy one for 350 w/o a contract. Lol. Anyway do you guys think its worth spending 350 on or what? I welcome any negative feedback as well. Will I get use to not having a keyboard? Was waiting for the Droid4 but I'm sure everyone knows how that's going? Lol. FYI they just turned on 4GLTE in my area last week.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    Well, 350 is pretty damn good for off contract, so I say go for it if you're willing to spend the money.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2 , bionic
    I honestly own a bionic and it is great phone, and since update been even better, this phone can acess webdock, hd dock, and also has removeable battery unlike razor, plus zumocast

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by indymale26 View Post
    I honestly own a bionic and it is great phone, and since update been even better, this phone can acess webdock, hd dock, and also has removeable battery unlike razor, plus zumocast

With the update have you noticed better picture quality? I know that it had the same type of problems as the droid3.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Get it! Its an awesome phone. There's great roms for it or you're into that. Zumocast is awesome its like a cloud server but your PC is the cloud! If your looking for a fast 4g phone the bionic is perfect. The razr isn't really much different. I actually upgraded to the bionic 2 months ago and loved it. Nexus came out and I was about to pay full retail for it but they gave it to me at upgrade price with a new 2 year agreement and said their system wasn't suppose to let them do it but it did. Maybe go to Verizon and see if you can get lucky like me. Hope I helped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I love my Bionic. That said, let me break it down objectively.

Buy a Bionic if you like a well-rounded phone with lots of well-designed accessories (car dock, home dock, extended battery, etc) that is a solid performer for a good price.

Don't buy one if:

You're an anti-pentile screen fanatic
    You hate non-physical keyboards (even good ones)
    You're not willing to accept that Verizon's 4g network isn't fully mature yet
    You have to have Ice Cream Sandwich this instant
    You hate Motoblur

Simple enough. I'm convinced I made the best choice of phones for the money at this time in buying a Bionic.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf15 View Post
    I love my Bionic. That said, let me break it down objectively.

Buy a Bionic if you like a well-rounded phone with lots of well-designed accessories (car dock, home dock, extended battery, etc) that is a solid performer for a good price.

Don't buy one if:

You're an anti-pentile screen fanatic
    You hate non-physical keyboards (even good ones)
    You're not willing to accept that Verizon's 4g network isn't fully mature yet
    You have to have Ice Cream Sandwich this instant
    You hate Motoblur

Simple enough. I'm convinced I made the best choice of phones for the money at this time in buying a Bionic.
    Have a pentile screen on my D3. Doesn't bother me one bit. Don't have ICS on my D3. Don't mind the new blur or whatever its called. Very interested in trying 4G since it just came to my area even tho I know its in its infant stages. Yeah I know about the 3 network outages. Still want 4g regardless. Don't know how I would fare with no physical keyboard but I do use swype most of time on my D3.

9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by km75 View Post
    Have a pentile screen on my D3. Doesn't bother me one bit. Don't have ICS on my D3. Don't mind the new blur or whatever its called. Very interested in trying 4G since it just came to my area even tho I know its in its infant stages. Yeah I know about the 3 network outages. Still want 4g regardless. Don't know how I would fare with no physical keyboard but I do use swype most of time on my D3.

I got 4G because I had to choose a phone (going from corporate to personal as I'm changing jobs) for a 2-year contract. It can be blazing fast --but it is a battery sucker. Plan on the extended battery or turning off LTE when you aren't using it. Pentile doesn't bother me either; it occasionally looks a little odd viewed from an extreme angle, but smartphones are meant to be looked at head-on anyway.

If you had a Droid OG or a Droid 2 (like I did), the Bionic is a no-brainer. Droid 3 --harder choice. You've already got a dual-core processor and a good keyboard. There's little your phone cannot do other than 4G. My advice is to skip the Bionic, not because it's a bad phone, but because in twelve month's time, you'll see far more mature 4G phones that integrate the baseband and are likely to have much better battery life on 4G. By then, Verizon may also have a more mature LTE infrastructure.

Assuming you like your D3, the D4 is also just around the corner --but even then, I'd still probably wait. 3G is still reasonably fast, enough that I don't turn on 4G all of the time. At the very least, I'd wait to see if the Droid 4 comes with ICS native.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    You will get used to not Having a keyboard. I came from a d1 thinking I always wanted a physical keyboard, but I get along just fine with on screen keyboards.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by km75 View Post
    With the update have you noticed better picture quality? I know that it had the same type of problems as the droid3.

Not sure why anyone would make a decision on a phone based on the camera. Don't expect a phone camera to ever come close to the performance of a dedicated camera. Having a camera is just incidental. Picking a phone based on the camera performance is like picking a car based on how well the CD changer works.
    Last edited by bbtkd; 01-01-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    markwebb likes this.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links