DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Info about Data Drops

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Explains a whole lot and validates the "It's the Network" theory. If it was Moto then VZ would most certainly have done something about it rather than take the hit on their network's reputation.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Themer Launcher
    Stock ROM (JB 4.3) -- awaiting KitKat

2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    Yes... that's the article I linked to. :P

I agree with your statement... No fix before 2014 would be pretty insane. But man... Oh how AT&T would love to see that.. They would be able to "get even" for all the time people said how much better Verizon't coverage was. :P

This also makes me wonder: for those of you still having big issues with data drops, are you using the battery saving modes at all? Or any other battery saving apps? I don't have a lot of drops (knock on wood) so I wonder if the reason that I don't use the battery saving modes helps. (IE it doesn't stop trying to authenticate as much.)
    Makes me glad that I have a removable, extended life battery
    Cheers,
    'dawg

"Never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!"
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Interesting. I live in a very strong 4 G area and never have an issue at home. On the road occasionally I hiccup. I have the battery set for max handset performance, no battery saving.

RMD
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Funny how before the recent update to my Bionic I had very few data drops, maybe one or two a week. Now with the update I'm having five to ten data drops a day. I agree if this isn't fixed by Oct. 2013 it's bye bye Verizon!!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this but when my Bionic looses data and says searching for service I can still make phone calls/text and use data like it still has service. It is really weird but if I can still use my phone like normal it doesn't bother me that is says it has lost service.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    this is good to know i guess...
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by elidukart View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this but when my Bionic looses data and says searching for service I can still make phone calls/text and use data like it still has service. It is really weird but if I can still use my phone like normal it doesn't bother me that is says it has lost service.
    3G/4G Data has nothing to do with Text Messages or Making Phone Calls, those work off a different system then the data... Data would only be (internet, streaming data [music,video etc..])...

Now i live in a 3G service area between Knoxville and Nashville and i didn't loose 3G yesterday but i had to reboot 8 times the day before. It seems to happen alot after i use my bluetooth or swtich from WIFI or even pull out of the car dock. I am glad this post came out cause i was about to throw my Bionic at the head of a Verizon Manager and tell them to shove it and get me a Nexus. But Now i know the others are having same issues (maybe not as bad according to the post that each manufacturer handles authenticating differently).

I will tell ya this i was in Nashville over the weekend and i had 4G service and i never lost it once even though i lost 3G constantly during the day that same day. I do believe they have made the 4G service alot better but not fixing the 3G as this update was supposed to do.

I also was on the 5.7.893 leak and could not get the OTA to update on my phone. So off i went to verizon and they couldn't get it either so they gave me a new Bionic which i had the next morning. Just make sure you use dhackers releaseroot/forever root and get your phone back to stock before you take it into them. The funny thing was is that i was looking at the person's razr while i was there and they had rooted their work phone already and had XDA/Rootzwiki apps on their phone...

Twitter Account

Droid Bionic
    LibertyROM
    Synergy Theme with Custom ICS Look
    Rooted/Bootstrapped/Overclocked 1.2ghz
    ADWLauncherEX/ICS
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jdixon74 View Post
    3G/4G Data has nothing to do with Text Messages or Making Phone Calls, those work off a different system then the data... Data would only be (internet, streaming data [music,video etc..])...

Now i live in a 3G service area between Knoxville and Nashville and i didn't loose 3G yesterday but i had to reboot 8 times the day before. It seems to happen alot after i use my bluetooth or swtich from WIFI or even pull out of the car dock. I am glad this post came out cause i was about to throw my Bionic at the head of a Verizon Manager and tell them to shove it and get me a Nexus. But Now i know the others are having same issues (maybe not as bad according to the post that each manufacturer handles authenticating differently).

I will tell ya this i was in Nashville over the weekend and i had 4G service and i never lost it once even though i lost 3G constantly during the day that same day. I do believe they have made the 4G service alot better but not fixing the 3G as this update was supposed to do.

I also was on the 5.7.893 leak and could not get the OTA to update on my phone. So off i went to verizon and they couldn't get it either so they gave me a new Bionic which i had the next morning. Just make sure you use dhackers releaseroot/forever root and get your phone back to stock before you take it into them. The funny thing was is that i was looking at the person's razr while i was there and they had rooted their work phone already and had XDA/Rootzwiki apps on their phone...
    Yes I understand that, what I am saying is when my phone shows that I have no service I can actually still use data like it has service but shows that it does not.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by elidukart View Post
    Yes I understand that, what I am saying is when my phone shows that I have no service I can actually still use data like it has service but shows that it does not.
    So you can still get on the browser, market, google music while there is no 3g on your phone?

Twitter Account

Droid Bionic
    LibertyROM
    Synergy Theme with Custom ICS Look
    Rooted/Bootstrapped/Overclocked 1.2ghz
    ADWLauncherEX/ICS
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jdixon74 View Post
    So you can still get on the browser, market, google music while there is no 3g on your phone?
    Yes, I know it sounds weird but its exactly what I can do.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links