Now that the first maintenance update is being pushed out to everybody, a couple of quick notes/reminders. I'm mainly posting this b/c there is a lot of Bionic hate out there already, and I worry that people are expecting this to solve everything, and when it doesn't, that hate will escalate.
Can't we all just get along?
- Keep Your Expectations Realistic: This update will not be the ultimate solution to make the Bionic the perfect phone with zero problems. Please don't expect that. For most people there should be some improvements to the data drops, but this is still Verizon's LTE we're talking about, so the data still won't be perfect. The BSOD could still happen as well, as there are numerous things that could cause this - but again, this should be improved for most people. Most of the other issues are pretty straightforward, but those are two of the bigger issues. So please try and refrain from non-productive remarks that do nothing more than stir up flames.
- Your Phone is Your Phone and Your Phone Only: Please please please try to avoid arguing over these issues. For example...
- Bob: "I just had the data drop out again, wth?
- Jim: "You must've done something wrong, mine's perfect now..."
- Bob: "I'm totally stock and did the update, nothing went wrong... just wait, yours will drop too. I hate the Bionic and Verizon and Motorola."
- Jim: "Whatever, the Bionic is perfect now, you're just a troll who can't handle anything less than perfection."
- Bob: "Forgive me if I paid $300 for a device and want it to work!"
- Jim: "bla bla bla..."
- Bob: "bla bla bla..."
- You get the point... The Bionic's issues are well documented and well known - beating a dead horse is pointless. Some people will still have issues, some people won't. Please don't argue over that fact and try to just to help each other out.
- Remember What's Most Important: Please remember it's the holidays - these phones are not the most important thing in the world. I know, this is a phone enthusiast's forum, and I'm not trying to diminish that fact, or say we shouldn't discuss problems. But some perspective might help keep our attitudes and frustrations in check. Just act like adults, don't take things personally, and be productive/respectful in your discussions. We're all on the same team here - we all love Android, or at least love devices... and we're all here to help each other out, not tear each other down.