DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dropped Data Fix Turkey Day!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    If he told you CM7 was coming by way of Moto/VZW update he was definitely blowing smoke although most of us wouldn't mind that update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOT CM7! but it was a code of the fix that was a couple letters and maby a #. I do know it may not come to be but he seemed to know a lot of info about it. As well as he is going to contact me the day after to see if I got it? Just sounds good!
  2. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heath223 View Post
    I do know it may not come to be but he seemed to know a lot of info about it. As well as he is going to contact me the day after to see if I got it? Just sounds good!
    If it's like the other OTA updates, even if it starts on 11/24 that does not mean you would definitely see it that day. It might be days or even weeks later, and so random that if you bought 2 Bionics the same day one could get it way earlier than the other.
    Last edited by aaf709; 11-19-2011 at 04:25 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    S 4
    I would not put much faith in what CS said regarding a date for the OTA, call back again and you might get someone telling you that they have yet to here of an update or a single issue with the bionic and that its a great flawless phone.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I too have a love/hate relationship with the help at Verizon. There are times when they are helpful and seem to know what's happening.
    Then there other days when you have to smile and walk out.

The funny thing for me was a few weeks ago when the Razr was not available to buy but was in stores. I was comparing the Bionic to the Razr and
    the rep was amazed I wasn't sure about the Bionic due to the drop outs. She actually looked at her phone and said "What drop outs, I've never heard of that?"
    She insisted that in Sacramento they don't have any dropouts, but then she says, "It's probably the 4G network" she then advised that "you should keep you phone
    on 3G and then put it on 4G when you need it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    If they start rolling it out on a holiday, it would only confirm VZW cluelessness. Holidays at a call center are difficult to staff, and a time where more experienced staff with seniority take the holiday, leaving less experienced staff to work it. One could argue that they are all clueless, so it doesn't matter but there are bound to be some good ones in the senior staffers. With high turnover that probably means they've been there a whole year. Based on past rollouts, one has to question whether VZW tells call center staff anything.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    If they start rolling it out on a holiday....
    I doubt they will be rolling out to the general public this week. They have not started the soak test yet.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I called they said "Late November" yea lets see how long it will be delayed again. That's the second time they delayed they had a set date but they pushed it. So don't hold your breath.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    I too have a love/hate relationship with the help at Verizon. There are times when they are helpful and seem to know what's happening.
    Then there other days when you have to smile and walk out.

The funny thing for me was a few weeks ago when the Razr was not available to buy but was in stores. I was comparing the Bionic to the Razr and
    the rep was amazed I wasn't sure about the Bionic due to the drop outs. She actually looked at her phone and said "What drop outs, I've never heard of that?"
    She insisted that in Sacramento they don't have any dropouts, but then she says, "It's probably the 4G network" she then advised that "you should keep you phone
    on 3G and then put it on 4G when you need it.
    Let me guess, she was blonde... probably thought data was what is on a reboot screen :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Cheers,
    'dawg

"Never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!"
    Member #
    Phone
    The (SWEET) Droid Bionic
    guys just do this (I have been doing some thinking and i found out if you remove the following, data is stable the whole time, no more odd ons and offs. The following are: battery data manager and battery manager. Use root uninstaller to freeze them and connection should remain on. And if using a custom rom, you can control with the on and off switch. Also froze data manager service. Let me know if this helps and if anyone needs help doing this. Works for me, I'm in control of data on and off now) till then
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by streetracer89101 View Post
    guys just do this (I have been doing some thinking and i found out if you remove the following, data is stable the whole time, no more odd ons and offs. The following are: battery data manager and battery manager. Use root uninstaller to freeze them and connection should remain on. And if using a custom rom, you can control with the on and off switch. Also froze data manager service. Let me know if this helps and if anyone needs help doing this. Works for me, I'm in control of data on and off now) till then
    Dude, stop spamming the boards! We have all seen your thread in this same section!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links