DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Oh c'mon....the Droid Bionic is actually pretty nice

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    I wasn't planning on rooting my phone, but i heard from others that didn't plan or nor wanted to root their phone and they love it. I can say I am loving mine. No crashes or anything. runs smoothly, looks nice, and i can do more things with it. It's actually really easy if you read and pay attention to detail.
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    For what it's worth, VZW is reporting the OTA will be out at the end of Nov, as opposed to the 30-60 days we heard earlier.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    bionic
    I'm with you on that,I love my bionic. Maybe I got lucky but I had mine for a month and don't have any of the problems that others are experiencing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cp24eva View Post
    So when does your data go out? mine goes out occasionally, but not in those time sensitive instances. I would be really mad if I did a head to head battle with my friends and their phones only to have my phone whiff because of a data outage. mine isn't frequent enough for me to be totally mad. And I can always make a call when I need to. And this file expert app that I was delving deep into last night is GREAT. Didn't know i could connect through my home file system through IP and move stuff around. Proabably something everyone knew except for me.
    I actually had my data go out while showing my phone off to a coworker. It happened right after I mentioned how fast the 4g was and then I get the temporarily unavailable screen on the web. Gotta luv it.

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Geeeez that would really suck. Stop embarrassing. Sorry about your luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid a la floyd
    I'm totally loving mine after I got the extended battery, which is a must, IMO.

I'm in Manhattan and the LTE signal is very consistent where I work, play and live. Occasional signal drop.

Home speeds are consistently between 14 to 24 mbps down and 6 up, which for me is jawdropping, blowing away my TWC wired connection. It's even faster than my work desktop connection. But staying on wifi really increases battery life. Check out the excellent Ars Technica detailed review to comfirm.

I have the usual issues with the crappy camera software, and the Blur interface, which coupled with the seemingly hardwired crap bloatware, appears to cause minor problems with some apps.

And the mildly annoying moiré effect of the Pentile screen (which the Razr apparently shipped with!) when viewing graphics or video, which to it's credit, sports razor-sharp text and is very readable in sunlight.

After OTA update I plan to root and run a more pure Android custom rom. I hope.

I came from rooted OG Droid running Pete's roms and then Project Elite.

I have to admit I am pretty damn happy with this unit. I have big hands and this phone feels good in them.

And did I mention it's a SPEED BEAST? Hell yeah, I like it!

There's nowhere I go here now that I don't have at least 3 mbps down. And my grandfathered unlimited data plan ain't too shabby, either!

Hate to go schadenfreude on the Razr buyers, but this actually looks like the best buy phone. Razr, like stock Bionic, is only good for about 5 hrs of heavy use. But Razr battery is not accessible. Snork.

Have to say I'm amazed how out of touch Verizon is with the high end Android market. Development crew must be staffed by Apple and Google rejects without enough balls to stand up to the idiot marketing suits.

But enjoy your Bionic. It's a fine phone. Use it in good health. Mazel tov.
    Last edited by jntdroid; 11-14-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: language
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSB View Post
    I'm loving my Bionic over the TB I had, with the TB there would always be something wrong with the hardware. The only thing I would give the TB over the Bionic would be the display, IF that. I'm pretty happy with the Bionic, and I haven't even rooted...yet

PS.
    JNT it's nice to see someone from Thunderboltforums here =D
    Gotta agree there. The Bionic rear speaker is SO much louder and clearer than the Droid X I had before it. It's like the Droid and Droid 2. I never liked the speaker design on the Thunderbolt. Plus I hate HTC phones and Sense with a true passion.

(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I am way beyond "actually pretty nice". My Bionic is totally amazing, on every front!

Best phone I've owned.
  9. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atlrus View Post
    It was a long time ago when the cellphones stop working the minute you enter a building. I am sure downtown SD is very well covered as far as signal is concerned, nothing really surprising here.
    I actually get 4g with my Tbolt in my (full) basement but can't get stable data with the Bionic outside my house
    Actually the museum is a couple of miles from downtown SD. And I'm getting 4Glte and watching Netflix where my wife works in a spot where 3G was iffy on my OG Droid. But I do feel that location plays a big part.

I wonder if there's a physical size to the radio. You said your Tbolt works fine with 4Glte; maybe the Bionic requires a stronger signal. If so, what would the RAZR need?
  10. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    I really think it's the towers and the upgrading of the towers, I get full 4G on the Bionic in the basement as well. It seems to be improving, I can only assume that the towers are being tweaked.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links