DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Might just return...

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    /sigh

Just return it and help spread "STOP MAKING I'M GOING TO RETURN THREADS" awareness
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by atlrus View Post
    Uh, there is not much to installing an update. Even less when it's pushed OTA.
    Please, do point us to those folks that have reported the excellent results so we can read about it and have excellent results, too.

Trust me, I would love to get some use out of this POS, but so far all I have heard is comments like yours, nothing really solid to help us, the dumb folks, achieve results.
    Did you not read post #7 or are you just doubting my results or are you just trolling?

I installed the 5.5.893 leak, the 5.6.893 leak and the 5.7.893 leak. There are threads about these leaks and how to install them and the results achieved literally all over the internet. But I suspect YMMV!!
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    Did you not read post #7 or are you just doubting my results or are you just trolling?

I installed the 5.5.893 leak, the 5.6.893 leak and the 5.7.893 leak. There are threads about these leaks and how to install them and the results achieved literally all over the internet. But I suspect YMMV!!
    Maybe you should read your own post before you start trolling?!?

Here's a list of issues that have been, for the most part, fixed so far (some are not quite perfect yet, but certainly work better than before):
    Also note that results are not being reported as consistent across the board so far. Some phones seem to be fixed 100% and others less so. Mine is one of the lucky ones right now with the 5.7.893 leaked radio and kernel and any of the custom roms. I've had one bad 4G to 3G hand-off experience since going to this setup.
    You sound like a weight-loss commercial at 2am Continuing to exhibit the same problem is clearly not "excellent result". I also got 2 days of perfect 3g-4g switch after installing the leaked update and then my phone went back to "normal".

But, hey, if the OP and others want to base their decision on words like "for the most part", "not quite", "inconsistent" - who am I to tell them not to?
    Last edited by atlrus; 11-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2

You sound like a weight-loss commercial at 2am Continuing to exhibit the same problem is clearly not "excellent result". I also got 2 days of perfect 3g-4g switch after installing the leaked update and then my phone went back to "normal".

But, hey, if the OP and others want to base their decision on words like "for the most part", "not quite", "inconsistent" - who am I to tell them not to?
    I was simply trying to point out the there are updates being worked on and once the "final" is finished it will be pushed. And based on the progress seen with the three leaked versions, I am very confident the issues are going to be solved. Sorry if my enthusiasm for this phone and the os system leaks into the dialog once in a while. I'll try to curb that enthusiasm in the future.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I think you are out of line with the name-calling. Sorry you don't like your phone. Perhaps get another phone and leave this thread?
    cjsmoove and k1ngr4t like this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Wheels View Post
    They CAN give your upgrade back, it's just a pain in the ass for YOU to make it happen.
    You need to get a supervisor involved and get an upgrade exception... it's not easy to pull off, but absolutely doable.
    Ok thanks.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I feel you, I truly do. I used my "early upgrade" discount to get this phone (yes, it's just a phone at this point) and I could not regret it more.

Since you still have the window - return it.
    It does suck that you have to wait until next year, but it looks like you will have to wait until next year for Moto to fix the Bionic either way...
    Yes your right.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Please, do point us to those folks that have reported the excellent results so we can read about it and have excellent results, too.
    <Raises Hand> I went with the 'full' third update. I have not had any data drops or BSOD since I did it a week or so ago. I used to get three or 4 a day driving back and forth to work. I stream music in the car and drive in and out of 4G several times on the way home. I always had problems while making the trip. 100 percent flawless since the update. The camera is much better though not as good as it should/could be. At least now it is pretty fast to focus and shoot.
    Last edited by Tonik; 11-11-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo's
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by gsDroid View Post
    I think you are out of line with the name-calling. Sorry you don't like your phone. Perhaps get another phone and leave this thread?
    10char
    Last edited by atlrus; 11-11-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: realised I was feeding the troll
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    <Raises Hand> I went with the 'full' third update. I have not had any data drops or BSOD since I did it a week or so ago. I used to get three or 4 a day driving back and forth to work. I stream music in the car and drive in and out of 4G several times on the way home. I always had problems while making the trip. 100 percent flawless since the update. The camera is much better though not as good as it should/could be. At least now it is pretty fast to focus and shoot.
    All you have to do is do a search for "5.7.893" and read some of the threads on various forums. It's a crap-shoot and that's not what I want.
    The latest update also modifies your phone beyond reset and there is no official word on what would happen once the official OTA comes out to those that have the 5.7.893.

At this time people are grasping at straws and this is hardly the way it should be with a functioning phone. I personally decided to wait for the promised "by the beginning of November" update and now there is no way I can change to a new phone, Ansa, don't let that happen to you.
    Last edited by atlrus; 11-11-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links