...After much trial and error, the solution that finally worked / synced the audio correctly was using MX Player and having the video stay on hardware decoding and putting only the audio stream on software decoding...
Anyone else having problems with this combination? Suggestions?
Like the title says, I have several 720p .mkv files - the video is encoded with h.264 and the audio is AC3. The AC3 audio seems to be the problem. Tried several different players and still nothing. Here are my results so far:
- Mobo player: Hardware decoding - video but no audio, Software decoding - video & audio but audio is out of sync by 5+ seconds
- MX player: video but no audio
- QQ player: video & audio but audio is out of sync by 5+ seconds
- Dice player: doesn't seem to work at all on my bionic, get a multi-colored static screen no matter what type of video file I try to play
- Rock Player Lite: Hardware decoding - locks up bionic (had to do battery pull), Software decoding - very choppy video & audio is out of sync by 10+ seconds