SO apparently the update is going to be ANOTHER 30-60 days away...I realize that alot of people don't see eye to eye on the issues with this great but flawed phone.
I think it's time we look at this objectively. First, a phone that is released and consistently has data loss does not perform according to ANY PHONES EXPECTED CAPABILITIES. Phones are meant to have a data connection (when in an area with service), therefore any phone with issues connecting to data would be considered DEFECTIVE. Secondly ANY purchased device that is DEFECTIVE should be either replaced with a working unit, fixed (in an appropriate amount of time), or issued a refund if the previous are not achieved.
1. They can't replace with another bionic because the percentage of bionics with a data problem is too high.
2. waiting 4 months for a device to work as REASONABLY EXPECTED is not appropriate. Go speak with an attorney at length about this, I bet he'll agree with you.
3. Verizon is telling us "oh this will be fixed soon" and now and 1-2 months? No chance at a refund of cost and upgrade just so the customer can get a phone that is not DEFECTIVE.
Yes, there will be people who are like "you wont get anything" or "you're just mad" blah blah blah
First, there are 3 things that we DO have a chance at getting with a class action suit.
1. Up to 4 months data package payments credited to our accounts ( depending on when the phone was purchased)
2. A POSSIBLE court order for Verizon to issue refunds for cost and upgrade for a new device OR a new a choice of OTHER NEW device of equal or lesser value.
And possibly that most important...
3. CHANGE and a PUBLIC acknowledgement and negative PR of making this mistake and REFUSING to make it right.
I don't want to hear the comments about how we're just mad about the razr and nexus. I LOVE MY BIONIC (aside from my data issue) are REALLY don't want to trade to a moto phone with a permanent battery or ANY samsung device. However, I DO WANT A DEVICE THAT WORKS AS REASONABLY EXPECTED.
I think it's time we come together and make a list and place where those wishing to start this suit can gather.