DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Music from PC to Bionic

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Driod Bionic

Music from PC to Bionic

Good grief, I can fly Airliners and I guess if it wasnt for this forum, you are on your own figuring how to do things with Motorola Bionic's. All I want to do is move pictures and Music (in my Windows Media) to the Bionic. Just had a heart attack with Zumocast that basically moved MY ENTIRE Music, downloads, Pictures, desktop, etc to the cell phone. I thought I can plug my USB into the PC and then the Bionic and transfer music and pictures at will in the DISPLAY Gallery. Not that easy. Ok, I will teach you to fly a 777, if you teach me this. I cant be this stupid? And I thought I had more than basics PC experience.
    Bill

3. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Do you have USB Mass Storage checked?...and you certain the USB cable is actually connecting your Bionic to the PC (some generic cables have been said to have problems)....then you should be able to copy and paste anything.... forget off hand if you need your music on either your sdcard or sdcard-ext, or it can be on whichever, haven't checked but you should if you're experiencing quirks
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    When you connect your phone to pc with USB go to the drop down menu on your phone (Notifications) and make sure USB Mass Storage is clicked. Than just open up whatever drive it is make a Folder called music and just drag and drop, do the same for pictures like wallpapers.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Driod Bionic
    Oh boy, where is this Drop down menu again, how do I see that?.. I hit Notifications on the home page but I get my weather bug thing, but I dont understand where I would find USB Mass Storage is at?
    Last edited by auburn1; 10-27-2011 at 01:08 AM.
  6. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    Quote Originally Posted by auburn1 View Post
    Oh boy, where is this Drop down menu again, how do I see that?.. I hit Notifications on the home page but I get my weather bug thing, but I dont understand where I would find USB Mass Storage is at?
    when you plug your phone into the pc ... take ur finger and from the top of your swipe down... if there isn't anything that says pc mode... charging or USB mass storage.... try a different usb port because the phone isn't being recognized by the pc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Driod Bionic
    Tried that.. but here is the funny thing that might be confusing to me. The only USB to cell connector cord I have is the one that goes to a Navigation Dock. The cell phone side plug shows NOT to plug into the phone and the USB shows not to plug into the PC... that goes into the battery charger. Soooo, do I need to get a proper big USB to little USB cell phone plug somewhere. Its not recog the cell because I am using that plug I guess. Ever seen anything like that? I guess Verizon sells those or a Cable place locally does.? That stinks. $300 phone and you have to buy a cable.? I got the Bionic with the car mount included.
  8. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    Quote Originally Posted by auburn1 View Post
    Tried that.. but here is the funny thing that might be confusing to me. The only USB to cell connector cord I have is the one that goes to a Navigation Dock. The cell phone side plug shows NOT to plug into the phone and the USB shows not to plug into the PC... that goes into the battery charger. Soooo, do I need to get a proper big USB to little USB cell phone plug somewhere. Its not recog the cell because I am using that plug I guess. Ever seen anything like that? I guess Verizon sells those or a Cable place locally does.? That stinks. $300 phone and you have to buy a cable.? I got the Bionic with the car mount included.
    everyone uses the cables provided when you bought the phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Driod Bionic
    I understand that, but it doesnt work and the cable actually has a tag on it that says dont plug the USB into the PC, just the car charger, and the little plug has a tag that has an X on the cell phone but ok on the Navigation dock. I will check tomorrow that they didnt give me the data cord with the same fittings. But the box was sealed. In fact, attached to the larger USB plug is another plug that looks like it takes a plug from an ear piece.. maybe to play the navigation on the car sterio? No instructions, anything
    Last edited by auburn1; 10-27-2011 at 03:02 AM.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    auburn,

in the box your Bionic came in there should have been a power plug plus a USB cable under the part where the phone sat on top.
    you just lift up that cardboard piece and you should find the USB cable along with some documentation.
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Use the Verizon V Cast Media Manager. The program automatically loaded on my PC when I first hooked up my phone. It was very easy to move the albums over to my phone.

By the way, Go Tigers!!! (Clemson)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links