DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What apps are sweet right now? I want the forums opinion...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Droid TV (turns your Droid into a PVR huge selection of stuff)
    Crackle (for my Seinfeld fix)
    GetJar (lots of good apps free of charge)
    IP cam viewer (very robust network camera app)
    I must run (side scrolling game)
    Alchemy (awesome app check of out!)
    Paper camera
    Quell
    Marvel comics
    Wigle wifi
    Last edited by Heywood; 10-24-2011 at 12:29 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    With the advent of my new Bionic on 9/8, I decided to only install those apps that I REALLY need/want. Like these:

- Beautiful widgets
    - Circle battery
    - Catch
    - Astrid (now that it has GTasks sync)
    - Gesture Search
    - Voice Search
    - Camera Zoom Fx
    - Voice Actions Plus
    - Google Docs
    - Angry Birds
    - Words Free
    - Google Music
    - NetFlix
    - WiFi Analyzer
    - Speed Test
    - Astro
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Some good stuff - keep posting!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    1. App Protector Pro Very easy to use app locker. It will lock any app youve added to their list and comes in real handy when you let other people use your phone, but dont want them to have access to certain things.
    2. Blogger The interface is a little remedial, but it lets you view, edit, and post to your blogger on the go.
    3. CameraZOOM FX Ive purchased several camera apps to use instead of the stock one, and this is by far the best. It lets you customize how you take shots and lets you assign different camera functions to your screen and stand alone keys. It has a very fast shutter and also a lot of effects included, as well as more free downloadable ones.
    4. Dolphin Browser HD Much much better than the stock web browser. Lots of customization with this one, and they came out with an update this week that will allow you to sync your browser preferences and history with your other electronics (i.e., tablet) if you have Dolphin installed on it.
    5. Google Voice Gives you pretty much two phone numbers with just your one phone. Also allows for text messaging.
    6. Amazon Appstore Downloadable from Amazon. Gives one free app a day. Every now and again they have some gems.
    7. Printershare Lets you print via any wireless printer. Ive used this several times, and its amazing.
    8. GasBuddy Finds the cheapest gas closest to you. This on especially comes in handy for me since I do a lot of driving in and around DC.
    9. Gold Live! Shows you real-time precious metals market prices. Comes in handy if youre into this sort of thing.
    10. USAA Mobile For the folks who have an account with USAA. This app is awesome. USAA is a great bank and this app is worthy of their name.
    11. Netflix An absolute MUST if you have a Bionic and Netflix account. I dont watch feature length movies on my phone, but I do use it a lot for adding movies to my instant queue, as well as for watching tv episodes. If you have an HDMI dock, this is even better. Ive used this several times to watch movies on my 40 LCD and the picture quality is fantastic.
    12. OpenCaching If youre into geocaching, or just curious to try it out, this is a good app to have for it. Its by Garmin, so you know its good.
    13. Profile I have it set up so that my wifi turns off and Bluetooth turn on at certain times of the day automatically. This is saves me so much battery, I cant even begin to describe how much a must have this app is.
    14. QR Droid The best QR code reader, hands down. Plus, it makes it super easy to create your own QR codes for sharing.
    15. SoundHound This app is better than Shazam, imo. Makes it real easy to buy music through Amazon as well.
    16. SplashID Safe for Android This is another must for me. I have all my passwords and info stored in one easy place, and it syncs seamlessly between SplashID on your desktop, or even iPod Touch or iPhone.
    17. Tiny Flashlight + LED The best flashlight app. Allows you to put a widget on your homescreen of whatever flashlight mode you use; flashlight, lightbulb, or screen light. I use keep a widget on my homescreen that uses the LED camera light, and it is super BRIGHT. Awesome on the Bionic.
    18. Taptu DJ Your News Awesome news app. They have a whole bunch of pre-built news feeds, and you can add and build your own; up to 1000. I absolutely love it and read it everyday.
    19. The Ultimate Drive For anyone with a BMW or who just loves driving. Lets you search through fun driving routes as well as sharing, uploading, and rating your own.
    20. BeWeather Free So much better than the stock weather app. Has so many customization options, and a much prettier widget. Im on the fence whether or not I wanna purchase the pro version because the free version has pretty much everything I need already.

I have a few games loaded as well, but kept this one just for apps. Im always on the lookout for app ideas as well, so I think Ill really enjoy coming back to this thread and seeing what everyone else has on their Bionic. Cheers!!
  5. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    One thing I had on my OG Droid (paid so I didn't have to buy it again) that's nifty is Widget Locker. It allows you to add widgets to your lock screen. Currently I have the Camera and Tesla LED (made by the same developer so it works best for this thing) so I can get to them right away. I also have the unlock changed to a rotary style like the OG Droid originally had. This style gives me the option (by moving it counter-clockwise) to Silent, then Vibrate and back to normal.

Another good free app is Barcode Reader. It will scan both the UPC codes you see on items and QR codes that are popping up more and more. You can use that to compare prices and link to things.
    Last edited by aaf709; 10-24-2011 at 01:04 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Oh, another good app is DoubleTwist. If you have iTunes, this one is DEFINITELY a must. It lets you sync your iTunes, playlists and all, onto your phone. You'll especially appreciate it if you're like me with tons of music in playlists that you wanna have on your Bionic.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Taptu

18. Taptu DJ Your News Awesome news app. They have a whole bunch of pre-built news feeds, and you can add and build your own; up to 1000. I absolutely love it and read it everyday.

You just killed at least an hour from me setting this up! Very nice program! I think it's better than Pulse but it's close. For now I will make it my primary news source.

Still, like Pulse, there is no 4x4 widget that contains all of the feeds and lets you scroll. A shortcut works better than the widget.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    18. Taptu – DJ Your News – Awesome news app. They have a whole bunch of pre-built news feeds, and you can add and build your own; up to 1000. I absolutely love it and read it everyday.

You just killed at least an hour from me setting this up! Very nice program! I think it's better than Pulse but it's close. For now I will make it my primary news source.

Still, like Pulse, there is no 4x4 widget that contains all of the feeds and lets you scroll. A shortcut works better than the widget.
    I haven't used Pulse, but the screenshots look similar. And yeah, I don't really care for the Taptu widget; I just made a shortcut on my homescreen and that works out well for me.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Pulse is good also - I've been using it for a while. It may not have all the same feeds though. Try it out and let me know.
  10. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I'll have to try Taptu too (cute, it rhymes). I have Feedr, which was nice for my OG Droid, but very simple. I have Pulse as well, but I'm not married to it.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links