DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just my two cents

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Just my two cents

I guess I don't understand why everyone has such a problem with the new razr coming out so soon after the bionic. I mean come on. The phones are not the same and will appeal to different people. The razr has some really cool innovations to it, but then so does the bionic. People who work outside will more than likely shy away from the razr because of the screen. Women will proly move to the razr because its thinner. Honestly if you do a little research on the amoled screen you will realize that it has downfalls to it just like any other screen does.

The point is, the bionic came out late. Motorola isn't going to push back the release date of the razr just to make a bunch of bellyachers on the internet happy. Who knows, the razr could have its share of issues and quirks, which I gurantee it will.

I'm honestly thrilled with the new technology coming out. I'm glad there are a lot of phones to chose from. I'm perfectly happy with the bionic and will be until I upgrade in two years. You guys that are upset because your precious new phone isn't the biggest badest thing out there need to grow up. The razr has plenty of things in its design to make someone choose another phone over it, and we haven't even gotten it into our hands yet. Just because the bionic doesn't have the fastest processor, or the fastest camera, or won't beem you up to nebulon 5, doesn't make it a bad phone, so just FREAKING CHILL OUT!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    mamawm, KH22, BoraxJr and 2 others like this.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    That Nebulon 5 crack is legendary.

KH22 likes this.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

instant obsolesence

first let me clarify that i love my Bionic
    and maybe the Razr will turn out to be a bust

but imagine:
    you go to your fave bagel store, and they sell u a bagel from the bin - you pay for it and bite in - it's ok, but tastes like yesterday's leftovers
    right after you pay, they pull a fresh batch outta the oven and the customer behind you gets a hot fresh bagel for the same price you paid for your day-old one
    wouldn't it bother you that they knew there was a hot fresh batch in the oven even as they took your money for the stale one?
    next time you wanted a bagel, would you go back to the same place, or would you maybe go to the bagel store next door instead?

this isn't about another company launching a better phone soon after the Bionic - it's about motorola withholding info from its own customers just long enough to unload their old model (which they probably should have just cancelled anyway knowing it would be delayed for months and that the Razr was just about ready to go)

so next time i have a choice between a motorola and another brand, which will i choose?
    they unloaded a bionic on me, but they lost my brand loyalty forever
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Does the razr have webtop?
    Stock Droid Bionic. Lovin' the 4G.

OG Droid for my son to watch videos on, and not put sticky fingers onto my new phone.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by dnyc View Post
    first let me clarify that i love my Bionic
    and maybe the Razr will turn out to be a bust

but imagine:
    you go to your fave bagel store, and they sell u a bagel from the bin - you pay for it and bite in - it's ok, but tastes like yesterday's leftovers
    right after you pay, they pull a fresh batch outta the oven and the customer behind you gets a hot fresh bagel for the same price you paid for your day-old one
    wouldn't it bother you that they knew there was a hot fresh batch in the oven even as they took your money for the stale one?
    next time you wanted a bagel, would you go back to the same place, or would you maybe go to the bagel store next door instead?

this isn't about another company launching a better phone soon after the Bionic - it's about motorola withholding info from its own customers just long enough to unload their old model (which they probably should have just cancelled anyway knowing it would be delayed for months and that the Razr was just about ready to go)

so next time i have a choice between a motorola and another brand, which will i choose?
    they unloaded a bionic on me, but they lost my brand loyalty forever
    I gotta disagree with your analogy. to me the Bionic in no way "tastes like yesterday's leftovers"
    to use your example, if I got a bagel from the bin, and it was delicious and everything I wanted in a bagel, I wouldn't care if they brought out a fresh batch right after. as long as I enjoyed my bagel, that's what counts. And that's what the bionic is...it does what I want and is delicious, so I really don't care what comes out soon.
    The problem seems to be people taking a bite out of their bagel, thinking "this is delicious" but as soon as they see the newer bagels, all off a sudden theirs isn't so tasty anymore. Its called buyers remorse.
    My rumored phone's rumored specs can beat up your rumored phone's rumored specs
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    After carrying Motorola radios for over 30 years at work, I tried a Palm Treo as my first smart phone. OK at the time but nothing memorable. I rooted and OC'd my Droid 1. It was rock solid. My great granddaughter still using for "Talking Tom," "Talking Rex," etc. I looked forward to my Bionic and it works flawlessly. I rooted it an installed "leaked update." It fixed the slow camara. The only connctivity issue I ever saw with blue tooth. Havn't seen any problem or issue since I updated. When I'm looking for my next phone it will an Android and Motorola will be one of my considerations

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    If I had to choose between the two phones, I'd take the bionic.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Some people have different taste. Some people will toast there bagel and some are happy to just nuke it in a microwave.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I'm gonna stand in line indefinitely for my bagel.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    Gah... Not this again. Moto released the Bionic because the public really wanted it. Their real phone in mind was of course the Razr. For everyone complaining that the Bionic is forgotten, I was watching some stuff on Hulu and of course a couple of the corney Bionic commercials came on. I've also seen several bill boards. I doubt the general public even really knows fully about the Razr yet.
    Here's what it all boils down to... We love in a free market system, caveat emptor. Nobody forced you to get the Bionic!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links