DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just my two cents

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by tcayton49 View Post
    I gotta disagree with your analogy. to me the Bionic in no way "tastes like yesterday's leftovers"
    to use your example, if I got a bagel from the bin, and it was delicious and everything I wanted in a bagel, I wouldn't care if they brought out a fresh batch right after. as long as I enjoyed my bagel, that's what counts. And that's what the bionic is...it does what I want and is delicious, so I really don't care what comes out soon.
    The problem seems to be people taking a bite out of their bagel, thinking "this is delicious" but as soon as they see the newer bagels, all off a sudden theirs isn't so tasty anymore. Its called buyers remorse.
    Well said.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Abadus View Post
    Does the razr have webtop?
    Yes it has webtop.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    The only correct way to look at the baegal analogy is to by the day old one and get back in line until you get back to the front and get the new batch long after theirs were thrown out

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @indee83
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by dnyc View Post
    first let me clarify that i love my Bionic
    and maybe the Razr will turn out to be a bust

but imagine:
    you go to your fave bagel store, and they sell u a bagel from the bin - you pay for it and bite in - it's ok, but tastes like yesterday's leftovers
    right after you pay, they pull a fresh batch outta the oven and the customer behind you gets a hot fresh bagel for the same price you paid for your day-old one
    wouldn't it bother you that they knew there was a hot fresh batch in the oven even as they took your money for the stale one?
    next time you wanted a bagel, would you go back to the same place, or would you maybe go to the bagel store next door instead?

this isn't about another company launching a better phone soon after the Bionic - it's about motorola withholding info from its own customers just long enough to unload their old model (which they probably should have just cancelled anyway knowing it would be delayed for months and that the Razr was just about ready to go)

so next time i have a choice between a motorola and another brand, which will i choose?
    they unloaded a bionic on me, but they lost my brand loyalty forever
    Love my Bionic thankfully Motorola didn't cancel it & the finished product looks better than the one they showed in April 2011...also I've never seen 2 bagel shops next door to each other....also who would want to stand in line waiting for a fresh bagel in September if they said the next batch was coming in out of the oven in November....just sayin this is a bad analogy, on a side note I did have a bagel this morning, with regular philly cream cheese-yes it was delicious.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @indee83
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknot20085 View Post
    The only correct way to look at the baegal analogy is to by the day old one and get back in line until you get back to the front and get the new batch long after theirs were thrown out

huh?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If we're gonna use the bagel analogy, then the Bionic situation would be the bagel that was promised with cinnamon and raisins, and lots of yummy cream cheese piled on it, but what you got was something that wasn't baked all the way through and has bugs in other parts. But the "nice" parts taste like the best bagel ever! You just can't enjoy the whole thing.

The Razr is getting the same hype that the Bionic got, but I have no reason to expect it will be any better than the Bionic,... it comes from the same bakery as the Bionic did.

Someone call the health inspectors!!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @indee83
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    I think it depends on what your experience is with a device-if it appeals to you visually, does what you want when you want it to or better and the things that are buggy or broken are either not noticeable or of no concern to you/not an inconvenience to you then it wins the prize as the best device ever to you lol

However if you get the device and it has HTC sense & you are not a fan or your new droid 3 makes maniac mansion's theme music sound like it came off blue ray then you're more apt to say it's junk...also bagel with cinnamon & raisins? Eww I knew someone out there had to be buying those or the stores wouldn't make them-I'm just not sure how you are buying bagels all over the U.S. each morning & I've never seen you...
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by indee2025 View Post
    huh?
    Sorry that came out pretty confusing it was supposed to be saying the analogy is useless because they release these things so quickly that everytime you buy one there's a new one a few days/weeks later which is true for all phone manufactures its just usually not on the same carrier. This time it was. Assume when I bought my thunderbolt that I yelled at HTC and said hey you released a new evo and I just bought a phone give me it. For this to make since.we have to assume the evo would work on Verizon but the point is the same does this situation aggrivate me slightly I would rather keep my bionic sounds like the real way to fix this is for Verizon to have a longer exchange period hope that makes more sense

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    I look at it this way, if you don't like your Bionic, sell it on eBay and get a new phone. Simple as that. Join that message board and stop posting nonsense on this one. The next newest and greatest thing is ALWAYS going to be right around the corner. You had better get used to that or you're going to spend the rest of your life miserable chasing technology. Good luck with your new phone.

GoBears
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    I look at it this way, if you don't like your Bionic, sell it on eBay and get a new phone. Simple as that. Join that message board and stop posting nonsense on this one. The next newest and greatest thing is ALWAYS going to be right around the corner. You had better get used to that or you're going to spend the rest of your life miserable chasing technology. Good luck with your new phone.

GoBears
    I will be ditching this phone, but why do you feel the need to want me to stop talking about my Bionic's problems? Grow up! This isnt about "our team" vs. "their team". What do you care so much if I let others know about Bionic problems before they buy one? What do you care if someone buys a different phone other than the Bionic?

Its ridiculous how offended some of y'all get if anyone says they dont like this phone, even if they have very valid reasons.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links