DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Date Confirmed? Going Crazy...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod Bionic

Update Date Confirmed? Going Crazy...

I'm simply starting to go crazy with this whole (seemingly random) dropping of 3G/4G / WiFi / Bluetooth......
    Sometimes WiFi just drops when 3G/4G kicks in, and vice versa. Bluetooth tends to break up and momentarily loose connection when 3G/4G is doing something.

This is my second phone, and everything else works very well. But if you can't get reliable WiFi & 3G/4G and have to often go to airplane mode or do a reboot of the phone just to get things back to some type of normalcy, it's really a pain.

Didn't these people ever hear of TESTING a product before release? I bet'cha they just released it to meet their deadlines(with known issues)...

Sorry for the mini-rant.. Just going through pain here.

Any word on the update? *sigh*

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Download the app restart connections. It should help bring it back quicker.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Download the app restart connections. It should help bring it back quicker.

Kinda sad when a phone needs an app like that. Love my Bionic, but the loss of 3G/4G just flat-out drives me crazy. Especially when I rely on it for business e-mail. :/
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Themer Launcher
    Stock ROM (JB 4.3) -- awaiting KitKat

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    I am confident that the update will fix it. Fortunately I rarely have issues.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Neri View Post
    I am confident that the update will fix it. Fortunately I rarely have issues.
    Lol.. you just jinxed yourself. I thought I was immune to the problem. Now it is happening up to twice a day with airplane toggle, wifi toggle and reboot not bringing it back. All started getting worse 2 weeks ago.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by samsung rogue user View Post
    Lol.. you just jinxed yourself. I thought I was immune to the problem. Now it is happening up to twice a day with airplane toggle, wifi toggle and reboot not bringing it back. All started getting worse 2 weeks ago.
    I had to lock mine in 3G and then it is fine. But now I have a 3G phone! ugh
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    My problems stopped a week ago when we got 4g. Its crazy

9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Over on Rootzwiki a number of guys have been brave enough to install the leaked .893 OTA. Vato805 installed it last night and is now reporting that the new Radio and/or Kernel this OTA installs has eliminated his 3G connectivity issues. I think you guys that are having this issue will get some relief in early November. I've got my fingers crossed for y'all.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    droid supernova
    I'm in the same boat. I love the bionic and everything about it...EXCEPT my data connectivity issues. While i am sitting, waiting, and hoping the update comes soon and is a fix, i have been thinking. I think that IF someone with a bionic that has issues has ALREADY got a new one and that has had datat issues as well, then they should be entitled to a return and credit to their account along with their upgrade reissued.

Sure people think i'm nuts but this is the same thing as if you bought a new TV and it was defective. You return it and get a new one.

The only problem with that is that from what i have heard and understand it's affecting about 80% of all bionic's therefore even getting a new phone likely wont fix the issue.

So the only real RIGHT answer is to give those who WANT IT a credit so that they could purchase the Nexus or Razr...They SHOULDNT make people wait 2 months for a phone to work....

just a little piece of what i'm thinking about the whole data thing
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDrOIdDOES View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I love the bionic and everything about it...EXCEPT my data connectivity issues. While i am sitting, waiting, and hoping the update comes soon and is a fix, i have been thinking. I think that IF someone with a bionic that has issues has ALREADY got a new one and that has had datat issues as well, then they should be entitled to a return and credit to their account along with their upgrade reissued.

Sure people think i'm nuts but this is the same thing as if you bought a new TV and it was defective. You return it and get a new one.

The only problem with that is that from what i have heard and understand it's affecting about 80% of all bionic's therefore even getting a new phone likely wont fix the issue.

So the only real RIGHT answer is to give those who WANT IT a credit so that they could purchase the Nexus or Razr...They SHOULDNT make people wait 2 months for a phone to work....

just a little piece of what i'm thinking about the whole data thing
    Well I read about 5-6 different forums concerning the Bionic and I would think this problem is affecting less than 10% of all Bionics (that's just my guess YMMV). These kinds of issues are part of buying the first release of any high tech device. Buy early and sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. If this issue is driving you nuts, just put the phone in CDMA only mode and then go 4G when the fix has been done.

Good luck and I hope you can enjoy the other things about the phone until the update is pushed to us.
    Baton Rouge, LA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links