DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Some Bionic Love...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Some Bionic Love...

Wow - things have been a little edgy around this forum lately. I for one think it's great that we have the new RAZR and Nexus offerings, which will be totally smoked by HTC's or someone else's offerings in the coming weeks/months. Plus, I am impressed with VZW's 4G Holiday lineup - it's about time that they lead the pack!

What about my Bioinic?

I love it! It's one awesome piece of hardware that has been a delight to own and (heavily) use since it dropped on Day 1.

Like most of the folks here, I am drawn into all of the newest cell technology, I find it intriguing to keep up with. But at some point I need to realize when I've got hardware/software that meets/exceeds my expectations. The Bionic does just that.
    Mer2112, Shadez, cjsmoove and 2 others like this.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    Amen brother!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    billyk likes this.
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Oh yeah, it's a great phone. Very, very fast. The only problems I've had are the connectivity issues when not on wifi. Hopefully that will be fixed soon (November).

5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I've had this phone from launch and paid $176 as an upgrade. It is a fantastic phone. The only issue I have seen was that in a low signal area I need to get the data connection back manually if it is lost. This has been rare. Otherwise, everything has been perfect. I use my phone 12-15 hours a day of constant use (That's actual display time).

And I've thought about this RAZR thing quite a bit and I came to the conclusion that this phone is going to be a dud solely because of battery life. It will be impossible to get over 5 hours of heavy 4G usage on this thing. You can't pop in a second battery for the day or can't leave home with an extended battery. Motorola's response to this is to cut the data speeds and processor speeds when the battery remaining falls below a certain level, but then it basically becomes a Droid 2 on 3G.

The RAZR is bigger in terms of length and width. It will be a bit harder to fit in the pocket, but I think this thing is minor. I am guessing this phone will be much tougher to see in the bright sunlight. Probably also minor because it doesn't seem like a lot of people actually take their phone outside.

A lot of people are dismissing the non-removable battery as not being a big deal, but can you imagine the outcry when people only get 5 hours of heavy use with no other solution but to throw the phone back on the charger for 3 hours?
    Lakilaulea likes this.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haupman View Post
    I've had this phone from launch and paid $176 as an upgrade. It is a fantastic phone. The only issue I have seen was that in a low signal area I need to get the data connection back manually if it is lost. This has been rare. Otherwise, everything has been perfect. I use my phone 12-15 hours a day of constant use (That's actual display time).

And I've thought about this RAZR thing quite a bit and I came to the conclusion that this phone is going to be a dud solely because of battery life. It will be impossible to get over 5 hours of heavy 4G usage on this thing. You can't pop in a second battery for the day or can't leave home with an extended battery. Motorola's response to this is to cut the data speeds and processor speeds when the battery remaining falls below a certain level, but then it basically becomes a Droid 2 on 3G.

The RAZR is bigger in terms of length and width. It will be a bit harder to fit in the pocket, but I think this thing is minor. I am guessing this phone will be much tougher to see in the bright sunlight. Probably also minor because it doesn't seem like a lot of people actually take their phone outside.

A lot of people are dismissing the non-removable battery as not being a big deal, but can you imagine the outcry when people only get 5 hours of heavy use with no other solution but to throw the phone back on the charger for 3 hours?
    Extended battery is awesome. Going at least 1 1/2 days moderate to heavy usage. Well worth the extra $25.

Last edited by rck76; 10-20-2011 at 09:58 AM.

7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    The extended battery was just $25 for almost everyone.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Bionic

haupman, thank you for setting my head straight. I bought my Bionic on day one and loved it since. The RAZR did make me question whether or not I wanted to go through the hassle of trading mine in to get that, but you pointed out every single thing I needed to hear to reassure me that it wouldn't be worth it. My Bionic will more than hold me over for the next two years. It's a great phone. It's fast, it's solidly built, and fits my needs perfectly.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    Yah.. $25 was win.
    Billed to acct and free shipping was a bonus.
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
  10. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    And if you haven't checked out the news section, do so now
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    My bad, I didn't even know what I paid for it, lol. I just looked at my receipt and your right. Hey, not bad at all for having more than double battery life for only $25.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links