DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Camera App Recommendations?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S5 (sm-g900v)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakilaulea View Post
    Is it buggy on your phone? I got that last week and although I liked it, it started acting weird on my phone. Specifically, half the pics I take with it come out corrupted or something. The file saved can't be reopened. I see the thumbnail in the gallery, but it won't load when I click on it. I get an error message instead. I tried opening it with the stock gallery as well as Gallery 3D and QuickPic.
    Oddly enough, mine has started doing that the past few weeks too, but mine was a little lower as I'd say only about 10% of pics came up corrupted (still very annoying tho). I don't think it's the camerazoom fx app b/c the same thing was happening to me with a screenshot app too. I just did the same thing as you, uninstalled / reinstalled both apps. I also unmounted the sdcard, took off the back cover, physically pulled out the sdcard / re-seated it in its socket, and then remounted it. Guess we'll see how the next few weeks goes.

Has yours been working ok so far?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    CameraZoomFX - Photos In General
    Stock Camera - Papers with Writing on it because for some reason CameraZoomFX can't focus on writing
    HDR Camera - Landscape [You need to have the camera very still so taking pictures of people will be pretty difficult]

I change between these 3 depending on the circumstances haha
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by lykofos View Post
    Oddly enough, mine has started doing that the past few weeks too, but mine was a little lower as I'd say only about 10% of pics came up corrupted (still very annoying tho). I don't think it's the camerazoom fx app b/c the same thing was happening to me with a screenshot app too. I just did the same thing as you, uninstalled / reinstalled both apps. I also unmounted the sdcard, took off the back cover, physically pulled out the sdcard / re-seated it in its socket, and then remounted it. Guess we'll see how the next few weeks goes.

Has yours been working ok so far?

To be honest, I haven't taken much pictures since posting that, but it still happens. Maybe not as often as before, maybe more like 10% of the time like you, but there has been a few pics I've taken only to go back into the gallery and find that they're corrupted. But I also noticed this is happening with the stock video recorder as well. I tried making a few video clips while out hiking or whatever, and found that about half the time, I can't play back the videos. It's frustrating because I never know which ones will be corrupted. I try to take several pics or videos of the same thing to make sure at least one of them is working, but it's such a hassle and I shouldn't have to do that to begin with.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links