DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Lost 3G.. for good?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID Bionic

Lost 3G.. for good?

Ok, So far I've been loving this phone, no hiccups, no reboots, no problems and loving the battery life.

I live in a 3G only area so I have the phone set to CDMA only all the time. Last night I was having a chat on Google Talk and my 3G dropped, I figured, meh, it's just gonna need a reboot or let it sit for a while to come back. Well it sure didn't.. that was 12 hours ago from posting this. I've tried every toggle known to man, reboots, etc.. Nothing will give me my 3G back. Can someone please help me to prevent from having to call Verizon and go through all the reboot your phone, return to factory settings crap. Then end up with a factory like-new phone when my phone isn't even a month old yet.

It isn't a network issue, there are others on Verizon here locally not having any problems at all. I can still call/txt just fine and use WiFi. I'm just not getting any 3G radio action it seems.
    LG Voyager > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Tour > Blackberry Tour > HTC DROID Incredible > Samsung Fascinate > HTC DROID Incredible > Motorola DROID Bionic :-)
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercub View Post
    Ok, So far I've been loving this phone, no hiccups, no reboots, no problems and loving the battery life.

I live in a 3G only area so I have the phone set to CDMA only all the time. Last night I was having a chat on Google Talk and my 3G dropped, I figured, meh, it's just gonna need a reboot or let it sit for a while to come back. Well it sure didn't.. that was 12 hours ago from posting this. I've tried every toggle known to man, reboots, etc.. Nothing will give me my 3G back. Can someone please help me to prevent from having to call Verizon and go through all the reboot your phone, return to factory settings crap. Then end up with a factory like-new phone when my phone isn't even a month old yet.

It isn't a network issue, there are others on Verizon here locally not having any problems at all. I can still call/txt just fine and use WiFi. I'm just not getting any 3G radio action it seems.

I wouldn't want to hang onto that one... take it back to Verizon (or wherever you got it) and show them how it doesn't get any data signal... and ask for a new one in the box to replace it.

I had to go through that, but hey, for $300, its not unreasonable to demand something that works. The Verizon folks know this.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Try pulling the Sim card and reinstall it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Just as well do a Factory Hard Reset before you take it back to Verizon. That's one of the first things they are going to do. Better to know for sure whether or not that fixes it. Make sure you have menu/settings/privacy/Backup My Data and Automatic Restore checked. And if you are using an alternate Launcher, check in it's preferences whether it has a backup/restore option.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Like I said try pulling Sim before a factory reset. If it works like it did for me you will be much happier than doing a factory reset.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm having a similar problem with my Bionic but only at home. The other night I lost 4g and 3g at my house, my wife's droidx still has good 3g. The next morning I still had no 4g or 3g, so I headed out to a verizon store, and once I was a few blocks away from my house my 4g returned. I now have 4g or 3g as long as I'm not at my house. Hopefully the November update fixes this issue. I don't want to trade my phone for a "like" new unit.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    An update is coming but if it happens again just toggle airplane mode off and on, that should get service back.

Links