You believe wrong.I believe the gmail only backs up gmail contacts, not phone contacts.
My ENTIRE point was there should not be. All contacts on gmail account which allows total control of data usage.Yes, there are different kinds of contacts on your phone.
Verizon backup will cause so many headaches for anyone using it.
1. Creates two types of contacts, some in Google you can find and update with ease...and Verizon ones which are basically the red headed step children of contacts...
2. Burns data every day with zero way to stop once turned on. Google allows you to choose what is synced...so if you know there are no new contacts cut it off and save that data...no way for Verizon backup to do this.
3. Once in verizon backups grasp you can never get out without factory reset or root. There is no uninstall, no off, no opt out. If a program removes this from your control, its inherently evil by design.
4. You never really know if "everything" is backed up. Google says it is and gives time it did it. For Verizon backup failed more than actually worked.
5. Refer to #3...that just proves it is an imprisoning app that should never be turned on. Use Gmail or face the factory reset at some point to regain control over your data/backups/contacts.
"Thats all I got to say about that."
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums