DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LTE Power

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTOROLA DROID VERIZON
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
    I'm getting identical results. Faster than my home Comcast service!
    I'm in a good area for LTE but get really crappy speeds. I get about 5-7 megabit down and my upload is more like 0.05 megabit. I think I have a bad radio but with all the 4G threads it's hard to say. The phone works but I am certainly not seeing the speeds others are seeing. I've had Thunderbolts in here get close to 30 megabit down and 20 up. I still think my phone has an issue with the radio but Verizon basically said get a different phone or wait and see if this magical November software update fixes it.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr v3c
    Quote Originally Posted by maltby84 View Post
    I did this while sitting at a red light. The Bionic is pretty awesome, but when paired with verizon's LTE its like a strong wifi all the time. Worth every penny.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    huh, I never sit at red lights, I change them to green with my bionic...
    Canon 5D II, 16-35mm f/2.8L II, 50mm f/1.8 II, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS. 2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000, BST Wheels, Brembo 19RCS. Motorola Razr V3c.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Im thinking more of a wireless "plug". Like each house would have a hub with a bunch of transmitter ports, each port will have a corresponding receiver. Plug the receiver into the appliance you want and the connection activates. Appliances would have sockets for the receivers where their cords used to be. And the hub would be powered by nano solar cells embedded in the roof shingles, exterior house paint, and windows.

Hey, it could happen.

Anyways, LTE coverage in southern california just got a lot bigger in the past few days. Maybe it happened elsewhere too.

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Solar shingles are almost a reality, prototypes have been built (yes the thin shingles like the cheap looking stuff...)

Wireless energy was a tesla idea, which he almost secretly did.... and we have since done successfully... i forgot the website for the research projects on that...

that stuff scares me though... lets put a whole bunch more man made junk flying through our air...

i like the idea of the cordless charging solutions... hmm just set your phone here... but i dont know if they charge as fast as normal...

i've yet to get good 4g speeds on my bionic... my work is *right* on the fringe of the 4g area near me... at my desk i get 4g but 15 feet in front of me it drops. lol
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by maltby84 View Post
    I say we rid the world of cords. Wireless energy transfer is the future. Instead of cords coming out of the (insert home appliance) and getting plugged into the grid, There would be 1 receiver/capacitor on each appliance

"Capacitor?" You must mean 150 capacitors (if you really meant capacitors - maybe you meant battery - I don't know). Anyway, that's not going to happen (and I know that you know that too). Don't let Verizon's advertising get the better of you.
    Tom
    Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr (can't remember what else), NOW: iPhone 5S Sorry Droid

http://tjmanson1.wordpress.com
    http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links