DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand New to the Droid Family

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @NABimages
    Phone
    Driod Bionic
    Your story sounds like mine! I just converted over from Blackberrys as well. I love the droid, it just takes some time getting use to .
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    yeah really...if I can figure these contacts out. I'm getting frustrated and I miss my keyboard from my BB Torch. But that's about all..lol
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Bionic
    Can't say I know how to do it in bulk, I've always gone through contact ts individually to see if they're were multiples and then erasing as necessary. Hopefully someone can enlighten us both.

From the dual cores of my XT875
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Another way to browse files is to simply open up the list of apps and go to file manager. You can also add this to that drop down search menu others mentioned.

To copy and paste simply double tap the word, it'll be highlighted with two little markers on each end of the word. Drag the markers where you want to copy/cut. Then touch and hold the highlighted area and you'll get another menu with copy, paste, or cut.

With the contacts issue make sure the contacts PHONE NUMBERS were saved to your gmail account. If they were only saved on the phone then they could've copied over the contacts but they aren't backed up anywhere.

As for the double contacts, I remember having this problem when I first got my Eris, and there was a way to remove doubles, but to be completely honest I can't remember how. So keep looking for that one cause I know I had the same problem once.

And another welcome to the Droid community. I love when snobby iPhone users go on about "there's nothing you can do on a droid that you can't do on a iPhone" and then you get into the technical stuff and they have never even heard of an sbf. Maybe it's sad, but I'm a PC dude, and I really don't care if people like Apple, but it's still fun to watch them get quiet and be confused for a second after they tried to berate you.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Twitter
    TemptingReviews
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    You'll need a file explorer from the market. Astro is a popular one.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID
    You totally don't. You can configure the search widget to search apps, files, emails...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrh23 View Post
    Thanks so much for your warm welcomes. I'm having another issue. This time it's in the department of contacts. I want to be able to manage them on my Verizon account from verizon.com. My wife is the primary number and all of her contacts are on her account. However I can't seem to get it to "sync" with my Bionic. Also when I purchased the Bionic from the Verizon store the person had me set up a Gmail account so I could manage the contacts there. When I log in to it the contact list is empty. Somehow when they transferred my contacts from my old phone from AT&T to the Bionic it doubled my contact list. Meaning I have 2 of every contact now and I would much rather delete them in bulk than individually. Any help would be much appreciated.

For contacts I never sync to Verizon, only Google, and the contacts do show up. If they're showing on your phone, you can check in Contacts --> Menu ---> Settings --> Contact Storage to see where they're ending up. For Google, make sure they're not in "Other Contacts" or some other stupid category. In order for contacts to show up on your phone, they need to be labeled under "My Contacts" in addition to whatever else. So for example if you make a contact category called "Work", you have to add people to that AND the "My Contacts" category, else they won't show up on the phone.
    Last edited by revelated; 09-25-2011 at 02:42 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Looks like there are at least a few of us who have switched from Crackberry to Droid.

For me, so far it is pretty good.
    "Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis"
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    First off....welcome. I found this site when I switched to the original Droid from a blackberry, and the people here are what make it such a great site. Never once have I not learned something by perusing these forums.

I agree with some of the other posters. Use google to manage your contacts. You can log in from a PC to clean it up pretty quickly. You can also merge contacts into one. I had problems originally as it listed all my email contacts and phone contacts separately. Merging them fixed that.

For your sentimental keyboard dilemma, long press in an input section and select swype as your input method. Take the tutorial and give it a try. I know some people don't like it, but after a few days I love this way of typing and it is faster than any keyboard I've every used.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    1. from your computer log into your gmail account and click the contacts link. make sure they're not doubled up on the google side.

2. from your phone, click CONTACTS>MENU>DISPLAY OPTIONS
    and look at each catagory.. try unchecking Backup Assistant and see if that removes the double ups.
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links