DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Did anybody get a new bionic and it fixed the 3g drop out?

  1. Droid
    jdparise's Avatar
    Member #
    76885
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    86
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    #1

    Did anybody get a new bionic and it fixed the 3g drop out?

    I don't no if I should return my bionic it to wait for an update. My phone keeps droping 3g/4g after phone calls and after waking up. Anybody have any luck on that?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    jdparise's Avatar
    Member #
    76885
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    86
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    #2
    And also the disappearing apparently?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    itkevin1234's Avatar
    Member #
    223977
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    #3
    I am having the same problem and Verizon told me when the update comes out at the ends of oct or the first week of nov the update will fix that bug. So I hope it fix the problem

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    mikespe's Avatar
    Member #
    4171
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    606
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    #4
    I hope the update doesn't ruin my phone cuz mine is running perfectly! I remember an update on the OG Droid one time messed with my perfectly working phone. That was when I decided to root.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Creativo's Avatar
    Member #
    226038
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    #5
    I've had the same issue with my Bionic losing the network recently. I stopped into Verizon and they said it was the SIM card. They're not sure what causes the card to go bad as it's new technology for them, but they said replacing (which they did free of charge) should fix the issue. If it happens again they'd order a replacement.
  7. Master Droid
    scdown's Avatar
    Member #
    221869
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    293
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus (rooted)
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativo View Post
    I've had the same issue with my Bionic losing the network recently. I stopped into Verizon and they said it was the SIM card. They're not sure what causes the card to go bad as it's new technology for them, but they said replacing (which they did free of charge) should fix the issue. If it happens again they'd order a replacement.
    Had the same problem last week - they had me do a factory reset, which did nothing but eliminate my BSOD issues (that and not reinstalling the GO Weather widget). Then, some hours later, it just came back.

    Network drop happened in my office again yesterday. Took it to the store, and they replaced the SIM. Got back to the office and still only 3G. Called in, and was told,
    • V: "oh, perhaps it's the device, we should send you a replacement"
    • Me: "I can just go to the store, no problem"
    • V: "they don't have any of the replacement phones at the stores"
    • Me: "so, you're telling me to replace my 2.5 week old device with a refurb? think that's fair?"
    • V: "let me get back to you in 15"
    • V: "good news - they're not really refurbs, they're phones customers returned inside the first 2 weeks!"
    • Me: "so I have NO idea what to expect from the phone you expect to send me?"
    • V: (crickets)
    • Me: "can we talk again about why you want me to replace the phone so badly when it seems most often to happen at my office?"
    • V: "well, it seems like a good thing to do would be to issue a network trouble ticket for your area"
    • Me: "certainly better than sending me someone else's brick-in-training?"
    And they connected me with someone in Pittsburgh who took my info, set up a ticket, SMS'ed it to me, and said it would be 3 to 5 days to resolve, but since it's LTE, it gets high priority, so don't be surprised if I see a truck in the area tomorrow.

    We'll see...
  8. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by scdown View Post
    Had the same problem last week - they had me do a factory reset, which did nothing but eliminate my BSOD issues (that and not reinstalling the GO Weather widget). Then, some hours later, it just came back.

    Network drop happened in my office again yesterday. Took it to the store, and they replaced the SIM. Got back to the office and still only 3G. Called in, and was told,
    • V: "oh, perhaps it's the device, we should send you a replacement"
    • Me: "I can just go to the store, no problem"
    • V: "they don't have any of the replacement phones at the stores"
    • Me: "so, you're telling me to replace my 2.5 week old device with a refurb? think that's fair?"
    • V: "let me get back to you in 15"
    • V: "good news - they're not really refurbs, they're phones customers returned inside the first 2 weeks!"
    • Me: "so I have NO idea what to expect from the phone you expect to send me?"
    • V: (crickets)
    • Me: "can we talk again about why you want me to replace the phone so badly when it seems most often to happen at my office?"
    • V: "well, it seems like a good thing to do would be to issue a network trouble ticket for your area"
    • Me: "certainly better than sending me someone else's brick-in-training?"

    And they connected me with someone in Pittsburgh who took my info, set up a ticket, SMS'ed it to me, and said it would be 3 to 5 days to resolve, but since it's LTE, it gets high priority, so don't be surprised if I see a truck in the area tomorrow.

    We'll see...
    Keep us updated please!
  9. Master Droid
    ice456789's Avatar
    Member #
    8344
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    401
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Nexus Prime
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jdparise View Post
    I don't no if I should return my bionic it to wait for an update. My phone keeps droping 3g/4g after phone calls and after waking up. Anybody have any luck on that?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Just curious... are you using Juice Defender? I was having the issue constantly, having to go into and out of airplane mode to get service. I turned off Juice Defender and the issue completely went away. I want to have more than one person (me) pin this problem on Juice Defender before I start a thread about it, because I like their software and they support it well.
  10. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ice456789 View Post
    Just curious... are you using Juice Defender? I was having the issue constantly, having to go into and out of airplane mode to get service. I turned off Juice Defender and the issue completely went away. I want to have more than one person (me) pin this problem on Juice Defender before I start a thread about it, because I like their software and they support it well.
    I never used juice defender. I'm hoping the firmware update fixes it.
  11. skylinedrifter's Avatar
    Member #
    105566
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #10
    My dropouts seem to have disappeared, on their own, at the beginning of last week. I wager it was a network/ tower issue, not a phone issue.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 01:32 PM
  2. Your first Bionic Drop
    By brianlayman in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 07:05 PM
  3. Amazon price drop on Bionic to $179.
    By davidckivi in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 09:14 AM
  4. Can't wait for the bionic to drop tomorrow....
    By celtic11 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 06:16 AM
  5. Wifi drop galaxy tab lawsuit..wifi drop
    By zapper1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 04:09 PM

Search tags for this page

bionic 3g drops
,

bionic 3g fix

,

bionic dropping 3g

,

bionic drops 3g

,

bionic keeps dropping 3g

,
droid bionic 3g drop
,
droid bionic 3g dropping
,
droid bionic 3g fix
,

droid bionic 3g problems

,

droid bionic dropping 3g

,
droid bionic dropping 3g service
,
droid bionic keeps dropping 3g
,
droid bionic keeps dropping 4g
,

droid bionic keeps losing 3g

,
droid bionic network fix
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+