DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: For those of you who see the pixelation and have had the phone a while...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I mostly agree with the analysis above because it talks about looking at the Bionic (or any product), on-balance. But, I think words like "flaw" (def: "An imperfection, often concealed, that impairs soundness") only stokes the fires of debate here and elsewhere.

What if...
    Moto was actually smart enough to consider the pros/cons of every display on the market? What if they fully knew that some people might perceive the pentile display as having "jaggies" under certain circumstances, but thought, geez, pentile offers natural colors, high contrast, low power usage and uniquely offers the ability to actually use the display in outdoor conditions? Moto might then be in the position as many of us - saying on-balance, pentile is a good way to go.

IMO, I don't think Samsung has a "flawed" display b/c you can hardly read it outside. It's just not a strength area and Samsung is fully aware of it - it's not a mistake/oversight/flaw on their behalf. Just think'in...
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    "Apple is the real enemy here"
    +2
    LOL!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    There is an app that makes a volume button a click for photos. Wonder if it works on bionic?

Don't have name sorry.

Last edited by McGyver777; 09-24-2011 at 10:23 AM.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I mostly agree with the analysis above because it talks about looking at the Bionic (or any product), on-balance. But, I think words like "flaw" (def: "An imperfection, often concealed, that impairs soundness") only stokes the fires of debate here and elsewhere.

What if...
    Moto was actually smart enough to consider the pros/cons of every display on the market? What if they fully knew that some people might perceive the pentile display as having "jaggies" under certain circumstances, but thought, geez, pentile offers natural colors, high contrast, low power usage and uniquely offers the ability to actually use the display in outdoor conditions? Moto might then be in the position as many of us - saying on-balance, pentile is a good way to go.

IMO, I don't think Samsung has a "flawed" display b/c you can hardly read it outside. It's just not a strength area and Samsung is fully aware of it - it's not a mistake/oversight/flaw on their behalf. Just think'in...
    Good point on Moto's thinking. What if HTC went with the pentile on the Tbolt.. People may have been able to get more than 6 hours on a battery charge!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Good point on Moto's thinking. What if HTC went with the pentile on the Tbolt.. People may have been able to get more than 6 hours on a battery charge!
    Also a good point!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Liderc View Post
    Please read above, all the screens are Pentile technology, Bionic's Pentile, Super AMOLED and Super AMOLED +.
    S AMOLED + screens use an RGB stripe sub-pixel layout, not pentile.

SAMOLED uses RGBG Pentile arrangement and Motorola qHD LCD screens use RGBW Pentile arrangement.

Each is unique and will have different power consumption requirements.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    When much better phones are SO close to release, is it really worth accepting the shortcomings of this screen?
    What and when are these better phones coming out for Verizon?

Anyone have a clear roadmap?

I just went and looked at the Bionic at Costco and I admit, the screen was disappointing enough to stop me from buying right then and there (when my OG Droid looks better I know there is something wrong).

I was also disappointed that it wasn't 4.5", the camera is lousy, and camera button is gone.

The Bionic may be functional, but I expect that as well as an increase in quality for a $280 phone.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    It is a deal breaker for me. I see the pixels sticking out at my face like a sore thumb. I'm not even picky, believe me, I want keep this phone so badly. The quality compared to my original Droid is 100 times worse. I'm going to have to return the phone.

One question for those who really see the pixelation: Do you happen to have Daltonism (many males have it and don't even know it). I have Daltonism (found out like 2 years ago), and also have 20/20 vision. You can do a quick test online (color blindness). Yes, I can see color. Just because you're color blind doesn't mean you cannot see colors contrary to popular belief.

If you clearly see pixels and discover that you have Daltonism please reply. I don't now why it sticks out so clearly to me while other people barely notice it or don't notice it at all.....
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S5 (sm-g900v)
    Quote Originally Posted by tono80 View Post
    One question for those who really see the pixelation: Do you happen to have Daltonism (many males have it and don't even know it). I have Daltonism (found out like 2 years ago), and also have 20/20 vision. You can do a quick test online (color blindness). Yes, I can see color. Just because you're color blind doesn't mean you cannot see colors contrary to popular belief.

If you clearly see pixels and discover that you have Daltonism please reply. I don't now why it sticks out so clearly to me while other people barely notice it or don't notice it at all.....
    I did the test online and it said I have protanomaly (a type of red-weakness color blindness). In most general use, the screen looks absolutely fine to me. I do notice the pixels in some instances: the battery icon (but only if I hold the phone closely to my face), the unlock screen, and in certain types of solid menu bars / icons. It's not often enough to be bothersome or annoying, and being able to see the screen outdoors under direct sunlight outweighs the slim occurrences when I do notice the pixels.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid RAZR
    I see the pixelation on occasion, usually when I have the phone close to my face. Generally its not an issue, I think I adjusted to it automatically after a few days of use.

Droid RAZR 6.16.211 Rooted 4.0.4
    ASUS Transformer Prime stock 4.0.3
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Links