DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Might have to return Bionic and get an iPhone

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

Talking Might have to return Bionic and get an iPhone

I've had the bionic for about 10 days now, and want to love it, but there are some real issues. I have the extended battery, so ironically battery life isn't one of them. The camera is just plain frustrating... about 1 out of 5 pictures I take are very good - clear detail, nicely balanced exposure - but the rest are awful (blurry, lack of detail). The shutter lag is the worst problem, though... 5-7 seconds to lock focus and shoot is unacceptable, and while Moto might release a firmware update to improve that, what if they don't?

I'm also worried about the build quality of the phone - the case back creaks and moves, and the volume rocker switch "floats" - if you shake the phone, you can hear it rattle. My 1st gen Droid was a tank, and I never had a case for it (once dropped it while on a call smack onto pavement - it didn't crack the glass, didn't even hang up the call). The Bionic doesn't have that same durable feel to it.

I love the performance, love 4G when it's working, and think the screen is great - best I've ever had in broad daylight. The call quality is outstanding, and the speakerphone is very good. The browser is great - what a luxury to be on my phone and able to load the full version of every site I want to go to. And will also make use of the 4G hotspot feature when I go on vacation to Disney for a week - where they would otherwise charge me $10/day for internet access.

Wait, hold on. I think I just talked myself into keeping the Bionic. The iPhone isn't gonna be 4G, is it?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROOOOID 3
    The iPhone 5 probably won't be 4G.
    HTC Incredible>Droid2>DroidX>HTC Thunderbolt>Back to Droid X>Droid 3>Prime?

Sent from either my Droid 3 using DroidForums or my laptop using Chrome.

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    I'll disagree with the build quality as a whole.. while I do have some slight creaking with the back cover the device itself it built very solid IMO.
    Pictures you need to understand the camera a bit better.. there are several threads where the mechinisim is explained in detail. Once you get it you'll be able to take great shots fairly quickly.
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Typically, new phones have little quirks and bugs directly after the release of the phone. The iPhone is no different. I wouldn't worry too much about the build quality, because for the most part, Motorola is considered to have the best build quality on the market. I, myself have owned 4 various Motorola Droid devices, and I can seemingly beat the mess out of all of them without any damage showing up. As far as 4G goes, no, the iPhone 4 does not have it. Rumors (if I am not mistaken) say that the next iPhone device released will be the iPhone 4S, which has some beefed up specs from the original iPhone, but no 4G. However, there are rumors of an iPhone 5 being released not too long after the 4S, which is "supposedly" said to have 4G. Take the iPhone rumors with a grain of salt though because I don't really follow the iPhone closely, I just see articles online and in engadget.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Hope you don't like having widgets and 4G...

After using Android for so long, I could never deal with an iOS device. They are so far behind the times with their software. After 2 years, are just now implementing notifications. I use my widgets constantly and would be hugely disappointed if the entire experience boiled down to just an app drawer, which is what iOS is.
    Lakilaulea, bplewis24 and willlayb like this.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Whoa dude - you had me worried. A recent rumor had the an upgraded Verizon Iphone 4 - 4g coming out at the same time the ATT Iphone 5 is released. This seems to make some sense - similar to the original Iphone then the Iphone 3g.

Anyway back to the "whoa dude". I have a couple of the Iphone 4's on my family plan. For a user that simply wants something that does does what it does well and uncomplicated - great device. My wife and son lover theirs. Me - I like tinkering and the Bionic is really revving up to be a great tinkers device that is very capabale of working like the Iphone.

By the way, I enjoy the Apples - not a real "fanboy" of any single system. These are just my takes.
    Lakilaulea likes this.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X Liberated 2.0.1

Beatdown

You should get a beatdown for posting this on droidforums... Head on over to appleinsider i'm sure they would love to have you!
    brandon9559 likes this.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Now I shook it, it has a rattle around the camera housing. Thanks for making me more neurotic.

I'll still keep it. If the rattle stops ill know something is wrong.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    brandon9559 likes this.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Now I shook it, it has a rattle around the camera housing. Thanks for making me more neurotic.

I'll still keep it. If the rattle stops ill know something is wrong.

You sure the rattle isn't just the volume rocker moving? Hold your thumb on it and shake again.

Phones: OG Droid >>Droid Bionic>>Moto X
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Yep, I was gonna say...the rattle is either the volume rocker or power button rattling. My Evo did it too...no biggie. I came from the iPhone 4...good, simple phone but I love Widgets and screen size too much to go back.

BB v1.1 Adam's Smoked Glass- P3Droid LV 1Ghz ADW-Launcher
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links