DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: More space madness...

  1. Master Droid
    GadgetRick's Avatar
    Member #
    6868
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    340
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic
    #1

    More space madness...

    Ok, got my Bionic. Mounted the phone in order to move some files to it. Says I have 6 items and 8.xx GB available. Seems like this isn't using the SD card.

    Why the heck did they screw up all of this storage? Seems like they had no idea what they were doing when they did the storage portion of the phone. Why doesn't it work like it used to???
  2. Master Droid
    c_mack9's Avatar
    Member #
    43551
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Bionic
    #2
    i think you dont know waht you are talking about. its awesome there is a ton of room for apps. i use to fill up my memory on the OG droid and have to move stuff around. that sucked. i dont see this happening with the bionic. there's 16gb onboard (i think 4gb of that is for app storage) and 16gb on the sd card. best of both worlds.
  3. Senior Droid
    jstwondrng's Avatar
    Member #
    21675
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Havertown, PA
    Posts
    226
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
    Ok, got my Bionic. Mounted the phone in order to move some files to it. Says I have 6 items and 8.xx GB available. Seems like this isn't using the SD card.

    Why the heck did they screw up all of this storage? Seems like they had no idea what they were doing when they did the storage portion of the phone. Why doesn't it work like it used to???
    There is a bug in the system that doesn't allow you to move apps to the SD card without them disappearing. I contacted Motorola concerning this and after troubleshooting the issue, they determined there was a problem. For now, the internal storage is the best and only place to store apps. The SD card is ok for movies, music, photos, etc...

    Jstwondrng
  4. Master Droid
    GadgetRick's Avatar
    Member #
    6868
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    340
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by c_mack9 View Post
    i think you dont know waht you are talking about. its awesome there is a ton of room for apps. i use to fill up my memory on the OG droid and have to move stuff around. that sucked. i dont see this happening with the bionic. there's 16gb onboard (i think 4gb of that is for app storage) and 16gb on the sd card. best of both worlds.
    Huh? I don't know what I'm talking about? I'm just reading what it's showing. :::scratching head:::

    I'm certainly not the first person to mention storage strangeness.

    They did, in fact, change the way things work from the OG Droid. To me, that's bad.

    I didn't mention anything about the amount of storage. I'm talking about the amount of storage I'm being told I have left on (essentially) a BRAND NEW Bionic.
  5. Master Droid
    GadgetRick's Avatar
    Member #
    6868
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    340
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jstwondrng View Post
    There is a bug in the system that doesn't allow you to move apps to the SD card without them disappearing. I contacted Motorola concerning this and after troubleshooting the issue, they determined there was a problem. For now, the internal storage is the best and only place to store apps. The SD card is ok for movies, music, photos, etc...

    Jstwondrng
    Not talking about moving anything to the SD card. I've read a lot about the bug. I'm talking about the space showing as free when you mount your phone on your computer. I copied the photos from my OG Droid's SD card onto the Bionic this way. No way of telling if I actually put them on the SD card or not. Either way I should have WAY more than 8ish GB left.
  6. Master Droid
    Nyteravyn's Avatar
    Member #
    175954
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MidWest
    Posts
    814
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #6
    I called motorola when I saw that my phone too was reporting less than 8 gigs...
    Of the 16 gig internal, were are locked out of 8 that is dedicated to phone use....

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    GadgetRick's Avatar
    Member #
    6868
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    340
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteravyn View Post
    I called motorola when I saw that my phone too was reporting less than 8 gigs...
    Of the 16 gig internal, were are locked out of 8 that is dedicated to phone use....

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Ah, alright, that makes sense (well sort of) then. However, how does one access the actual (i.e. physical) SD card on the computer then? I'd think mounting it when plugging the phone into the computer would do that but, apparently, not.

    Thanks.
  8. Master Droid
    Nyteravyn's Avatar
    Member #
    175954
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MidWest
    Posts
    814
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #8
    Mine actually shows up as a physical drive when placed in mass storage mode upon connection.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. Master Droid
    Nyteravyn's Avatar
    Member #
    175954
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MidWest
    Posts
    814
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #9
    Look for the new drive letter and have fun :

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  10. Master Droid
    GadgetRick's Avatar
    Member #
    6868
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    340
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic
    #10
    I get a physical drive just not the SD card apparently.

    I'mon a Mac.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Phone says 'Low on Space' and won't sync gmail, but it's not low of space...
    By love2board in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
  2. March Madness!!!
    By buckeyefreak in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
  3. When will the OS madness end !!!!
    By ATC1986 in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 06:49 PM
  4. "Low on space-Phone storage space is getting low" AND an email question
    By LadyJ in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 06:14 PM
  5. Widget for battery status, sd card space, internal space?
    By mrdorunjr in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 08:06 PM

Search tags for this page

droid bionic no space available

,

get more memory on og droid

,

get more room on my droid

,

how do i get more space on my android

,

how do i make more room on droid bionic

,

how do i make more space on my droid

,

how do i make more storage space on my m/otorola droid?

,

how to make more room on droid bionic for games

,

how to make more room on my android

,

how to make more space on droid bionic

,

i have bionic says need more space

,

make room on my bionic

,

my droid bionic says that i have no more space

,

og droid says low on space

,

space madness

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+