DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid Bionic Case That Fits Car Dock

1. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member

Droid Bionic Case That Fits Car Dock

I know I saw a post somewhere I can't find now.. but someone mentioned that they had a case that fits the car/window dock that doesn't connect.

Now, I know many are going to (Or maybe not now since I said that will :P ) disagree with me, but the VZW Case/Holster fits the car dock and connects. I personally love it, with a slide off front cover to protect the screen. It's not fat or thick, has a little extra room in back for the extended battery. Again, its all a matter of personal taste and opinion. But if that's what your shooting to do, this works.

And another plus, it has a kickstand...

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Link?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    DROID Bionic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSami View Post
    Link?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Set Your Location

Says out of stock .. sure u can find one in a store tho.. it's actually a lot darker in person than the picture shows.
    Last edited by Shadez; 09-15-2011 at 06:24 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    That's the one I'm using right now because it's the only one that works with car dock/Home dock and has the hump for the extended battery. It's an ok case and it works for what it is, but I would have liked to have some scratch protection for the bottom and top of the phone and I can do without the fancy design lines all over it. That being said it works for what it is and keeps my phone from being scratched up when I set it on the table.
  6. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    That's the one I'm using right now because it's the only one that works with car dock/Home dock and has the hump for the extended battery. It's an ok case and it works for what it is, but I would have liked to have some scratch protection for the bottom and top of the phone and I can do without the fancy design lines all over it. That being said it works for what it is and keeps my phone from being scratched up when I set it on the table.
    Yea I can do without the design but it doesn't bother me, actually kinda grew on me... and I rarely drop my phone, let alone so that it lands perfectly flat on the top or bottom
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I know I saw a post somewhere I can't find now.. but someone mentioned that they had a case that fits the car/window dock that doesn't connect.

Now, I know many are going to (Or maybe not now since I said that will :P ) disagree with me, but the VZW Case/Holster fits the car dock and connects. I personally love it, with a slide off front cover to protect the screen. It's not fat or thick, has a little extra room in back for the extended battery. Again, its all a matter of personal taste and opinion. But if that's what your shooting to do, this works.

And another plus, it has a kickstand...
    I volunteer to be the counterpoint. I have the shell/holster from Verizon, as well as the car dock. IMO, it doesn't fit properly. That's not to say it can't be forced, but I won't force it. The removable insert in the car dock is designed to accommodate a case/shell of uniform thickness. Due to the kickstand, the Verizon shell does not have a uniform thickness - the part covering the extended battery (or where the extended battery would be, if you had one) is thicker, preventing it from fitting in the dock - at least to my satisfaction.

If you're happy with the way yours fits, I'm happy for you... and a little jealous. But for now I have ordered a Technocel case/holster (that does not accommodate the extended battery) and I'll see how that goes.
  8. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMcDroid View Post
    I volunteer to be the counterpoint. I have the shell/holster from Verizon, as well as the car dock. IMO, it doesn't fit properly. That's not to say it can't be forced, but I won't force it. The removable insert in the car dock is designed to accommodate a case/shell of uniform thickness. Due to the kickstand, the Verizon shell does not have a uniform thickness - the part covering the extended battery (or where the extended battery would be, if you had one) is thicker, preventing it from fitting in the dock - at least to my satisfaction.

If you're happy with the way yours fits, I'm happy for you... and a little jealous. But for now I have ordered a Technocel case/holster (that does not accommodate the extended battery) and I'll see how that goes.
    Yea It does fit snuggly, I don't have to force it, but it is a tight it. To me a kickstand was a must so I went with it and it works good for what I need it for. Let us know and post some pics of the one you ordered, you got me curious now

Shadez
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    TrastX
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Does anyone know if the Otterbox commuter will fit the car dock?
    Jesus said: This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends, if you do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:12-14
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GNex LTE Axiom 2.1
    I just use the Verizon silicone case on mine and it fits in the HD media dock perfectly. I tried the extended shell/holster and hated the thickness, but I do miss the kickstand.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I would also like to know if anyone has had any success with the otterbox commuter. What if you take the outside layer off?

I need a case that will offer decent protection from a drop and also work in the OEM docks

Links