Just wanted to put a shout out there to say that the Bionic is working perfectly for me - very impressive on every front.
it's not perfect for me.. but it's damn good. quite happy thus far.
You know how that rabbit feels
Going under your Speeding Wheels
Bright images flashing by
Like windshields towards a fly...
I've owned the Bionic for a week now. Favorite points in random order:
- Call quality: excellent, on both sides of the call
- Camera image quality: Used it for a track meet last weekend. Every pix is sharp with natural colors. Camera cycling is very fast.
- Skype (unofficial version): works great!
- 4G: blows me away. Everything is near instant. B/c of that, I use the net even more since it's so accessible. Watching X-Files episodes the other day demonstrated smooth, stutter-free playback on the go. 4G penetrates buildings much better, providing super fast access in more places.
- Battery life: Excellent! I keep my Bionic in 4G and I go in/out of 4G areas and I get 14+ hours with average use. No need for charging at work or in the car. I've got a second battery just in case - haven't needed it yet.
- Display: natural colors, bright, high contrast, high resolution. It's great! I was checking traffic on Google Maps yesterday as I was leaving work and a friend came over with his HTC phone and we compared side-by-side. In 5:00 sun, his phone was virtually black, mine was totally readable. Being able to easily use my phone outside is key for me.
- Audio: sounds better than my OG Droid and my iPOD. Google Music is virtually instant on the Bionic. Amazing experience listening to music.
-Build quality: has that well-built Moto feel. Very solid, but surprisingly light for its size and for being a 4G phone.