DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tried Droid Bionic today. Screen totally blows!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note

Tried Droid Bionic today. Screen totally blows!

So after getting done with a client earlier today, walked on over to the next door Verizon shop to take a look at the Bionic I had been hearing and thinking about for song long and to give it a try in comparison to my first smartphone, my Droid X.

I have to say, it stood out like a sore thumb with blisters and a mole on top of it. The screen on the new Bionic is a totall, utter joke in comparison to my Droid X. I couldn't believe how "grainy" and "screen meshed" the screen looked in comparison. No matter what kinda screen I was looking at, web page, game, menu whatever, It actually looked like I was looking through a small metal mesh grid, I could actually see the individiual cells it was so bad. I looked on over to the Incredible 2 and the Droid X2 screen and they didn't have nearly as bad a screens in comparison, let alone my Droid X. What the hell Motorola? What with going back three generations of screens with this thing? Its terrible! I loaded up Angry birds and I just couldn't believe how grainy and unsmooth the picture was, like I was seeing it in 300x200 pixel resolution on 4.3'' screen, totally crap!

Wow, I was so excited to finally see this Bionic get launched but after seeing that gawd awful metal mesh of a screen, i'll stay with my Droid X for a bit while longer until my early upgrade next year. I hope something nicer is out by then, cause I sure as hell aint spending $300 on a Bionic now.
    smokiedabong likes this.
    In the tech world, if you always wait for the latest and greatest, you will always have nothing.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezetron View Post
    So after getting done with a client earlier today, walked on over to the next door Verizon shop to take a look at the Bionic I had been hearing and thinking about for song long and to give it a try in comparison to my first smartphone, my Droid X.

I have to say, it stood out like a sore thumb with blisters and a mole on top of it. The screen on the new Bionic is a totall, utter joke in comparison to my Droid X. I couldn't believe how "grainy" and "screen meshed" the screen looked in comparison. No matter what kinda screen I was looking at, web page, game, menu whatever, It actually looked like I was looking through a small metal mesh grid, I could actually see the individiual cells it was so bad. I looked on over to the Incredible 2 and the Droid X2 screen and they didn't have nearly as bad a screens in comparison, let alone my Droid X. What the hell Motorola? What with going back three generations of screens with this thing? Its terrible! I loaded up Angry birds and I just couldn't believe how grainy and unsmooth the picture was, like I was seeing it in 300x200 pixel resolution on 4.3'' screen, totally crap!

Wow, I was so excited to finally see this Bionic get launched but after seeing that gawd awful metal mesh of a screen, i'll stay with my Droid X for a bit while longer until my early upgrade next year. I hope something nicer is out by then, cause I sure as hell aint spending $300 on a Bionic now.
    You must have awesome eyes cause I dont see anything wrong with the screen.
  4. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

You must have awesome eyes cause I dont see anything wrong with the screen.
    Same here... ill go to the eye doc tomorrow to have a cataracts check

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    I need to take a picture of it somehow to describe just how bad that screen looks in comparison to my Droid X. How to do it without all the verizon salemen getting on my ass is the question...
    In the tech world, if you always wait for the latest and greatest, you will always have nothing.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    I know exactly what you mean about the mesh screen. My husband just got the bionic. It is an awesome phone, but that screen really made me scratch my head. It doesn't bother him one bit though. I'm not sure if he just wants to like it because it's new, or if his eyes just don't pick up on it like mine do.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Cool story, bro. I especially like how the Droid X2 had a better screen even though its the exact same screen as the Bionic.
    My rumored phone's rumored specs can beat up your rumored phone's rumored specs
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Cool story, bro. I especially like how the Droid X2 had a better screen even though its the exact same screen as the Bionic.
    I really think people mistake vibrant colors and color contrast with overall screen quality/capabilities.

"ooo those icons look shiny, this screens awesome!"
    Last edited by Anathema; 09-13-2011 at 11:34 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    qsminsd
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I need to take a picture of it somehow to describe just how bad that screen looks in comparison to my Droid X. How to do it without all the verizon salemen getting on my ass is the question...
    You dont have to take pictures of the screen. Many of us have been using the phone for nearly a week though. Cool story anyway though.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    6000000000$ Phone
    I honestly see nothing wrong with the screen. It may not be the best screen to ever be invented but its a good screen 7.8/10 on a scale.
    Works great in sunlight.
    Long behind me are the days of primal. I've turned over a new seaweed leaf.

-Alexander Covington III
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Good idea. After all, its not like there's already 8,367 pictures on the interwebs showing how "bad" the screen is. More please
    My rumored phone's rumored specs can beat up your rumored phone's rumored specs
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links