DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Car Dock and Car home app

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola BIONIC

Car Dock and Car home app

I'm just wondering if I am missing something or not. When I place my phone in the car dock it does nothing. It does not launch any type of car home app, in fact it does nothing, as if it cannot even tell it is docked. Is this just me or are others experiencing this problem as well?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    I've heard somebody else mention this and I do not know the answer for sure since I dont have my car dock yet.
    However, let me ask you this.. is the charger plugged into the port on the back?
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola BIONIC
    I tried plugging in the power cord and it instantly activated the car home. I can't believe that it won't recognize being docked unless it is plugged in. My other droids have never had this issue. I guess it is just a minor inconvenience.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    from what I read, this dock does not have a magnet to activate dock modes. the device knows it's docked when the charger engages. dont know why they changed that
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Are you using a case? I bought one because I was told they would fit now, it does. However, with the case on, it won't charge or initiate car mode. Without a case, it works just fine.
    .247 and lovin' it thanks to HOB!
  7. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    The same here happened to me, and you are correct, there is no magnet. I went into the vzw from the parking lot 5 times saying its not going into car mode. Then they would play around with it and it would go into car mode. I also didn't see a car dock app anywhere. This morning when I put my phone in, it didnt go into car dock mode, I pushed down a little harder and it did. It seems to be a hit or miss thing, which I am sure will be fixed in an upgrade, or at least I hope. Although the car dock app really isn't a big deal since its ugly as hell anyways, I mainly use it to watch tv while driving via sling box J/K... but, I mainly use it for maps and nav which is on my home screen anyways, so Im not that worried about it. Also, I didn't notice it at first, but the clip on the top of the car dock comes down over to clamp the phone in place.. I have no idea why sometimes it works and sometimes it doeesn't. So its either, you have to press down on your phone for a secure connection, or its software.. but now thinking about it, it may also be the way you have your car dock adjusted, maybe if you have it an upward or downward angle it messes it up but in all honesty I'm not sure...

Just noticing another thread now, this may also be the problem, calibrating the bionic. I swear I turned the phone in every direction but don't know if it worked or not, 1/2 the phone was green other 1/2 same color ...I'll play around with it some in a bit.
    Last edited by Shadez; 09-10-2011 at 07:19 AM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    It looks like the Car Dock app is pre-installed as a system application that you can't run manually. IMHO it's a crappy application anyway, and I suggest getting Car Dock Home v3 from the market. The other thing you could do is root and use Titanium to change Car Dock to a user app.

Interesting information about the magnet (or lack thereof)...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Shadez,

Sorry but I have to respectfuly point this out.

" I mainly use it to watch tv while driving "

seriously?! I would not want to be driving around where you do friend. That is so not safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    The same here happened to me, and you are correct, there is no magnet. I went into the vzw from the parking lot 5 times saying its not going into car mode. Then they would play around with it and it would go into car mode. I also didn't see a car dock app anywhere. This morning when I put my phone in, it didnt go into car dock mode, I pushed down a little harder and it did. It seems to be a hit or miss thing, which I am sure will be fixed in an upgrade, or at least I hope. Although the car dock app really isn't a big deal since its ugly as hell anyways, I mainly use it to watch tv while driving via sling box J/K... but, I mainly use it for maps and nav which is on my home screen anyways, so Im not that worried about it. Also, I didn't notice it at first, but the clip on the top of the car dock comes down over to clamp the phone in place.. I have no idea why sometimes it works and sometimes it doeesn't. So its either, you have to press down on your phone for a secure connection, or its software.. but now thinking about it, it may also be the way you have your car dock adjusted, maybe if you have it an upward or downward angle it messes it up but in all honesty I'm not sure...

Just noticing another thread now, this may also be the problem, calibrating the bionic. I swear I turned the phone in every direction but don't know if it worked or not, 1/2 the phone was green other 1/2 same color ...I'll play around with it some in a bit.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    you missed the "J/K"
    bplewis24 and steveninspokane like this.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Wheels View Post
    you missed the "J/K"
    Oppps, yes, missed that. Sorry Shadez, my bad. Sounded scary though!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links