DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Car Dock and Car home app

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    My bionic immediately goes into car dock mode when I place it in the dock whether or not I am connected to power. I don't have a case so I put the insert into the dock for phones without cases. If using a case you can remove the insert for more room. I'm using the Moto branded dock included in the Costco bundle.
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    ok ... so this is not a known issue as of now, I just got back from vzw, again, and of course when I took my car dock in to the store it worked fine and is working now. I submitted a trouble ticket anyways as the rep suggested I do, as this is the only way they know about it. Its not your phone. This is pure speculation, but when something is new, and you use it for the 1st time, lets use a puzzle for an example, the first time you try and put the puzzle together sometimes all the pieces don't fit right because there is residual cardboard on some of the pieces. It seems to me this is similar with the car dock, whether it be the usb adapter on the charger or the usb adapter on the phone, for lack of a better term, they need to get to 'know' each other. Meaning the first time you use it, its just getting to know each other, the more you use it, the better the connection you will get because they are balancing each other out, aligning if you will, till they are both equally adapted to each other.

Now some may not experience the problem because of the way they positioned the car dock (Tilted) which may make the connection easier for the phone to recognize. Say you slant it forward or backward, that may make a difference but eventually it will balance itself out. This may sound incredibly ridiculous but makes sense to me. I know with my old desktop cradle for d2g, it came to a point where it wasn't recognizing the phone in the cradle and I would have to put like a matchbook under the cradle in a corner to lift it just a little so that the connection was made, that eventualy 'balanced' itself out and works. I am pretty sure that is the same situation here, especially since its the only accessory I got and I went way out of my way to figure out why it wasn't. By putting your phone in the car adapter, doesnt have to be your car, you can do this in your house, and taking it out a few times should clear up any connection problems to both ends are happy with each other... again, this is just my opinion and I think it's right. If this does not work for you, you need to call motorola and vzw and submit a trouble ticket which I did anyways to be on the safe side.. anyways, just trying to help because I know how frustrating it is.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    wsbsteven
    Phone
    Bionic, Xoom
    I have the extended battery and for me the car dock works with or without the insert but with the insert I did have a problem one time with it not loading. I never had an issue without the plastic insert but the phone seems kind of loose in there without it but it didn't look like it would fall out.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC!
    Mine worked perfect with the dock insert in place and no case on the phone. Now i have vzws fitted silicone case and took out the dock insert to compensate for the case, i just have to push it down a bit harder when i place it in and it works fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Droid Bionic - The Six Million Dollar Phone!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Are you using the stiff silicone, or the jelly one? I tried the silicone one, and I could not get it to charge or enter car mode. I think it may have had something to do with the power button. I noticed a little indentation on the silicone cover that was constantly being pressed.

It's too bad, I really liked the cover. Unfortunately, I had the same problem with the car dock, the laptop, as well as the home dock.
    .247 and lovin' it thanks to HOB!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I think I can shed some light on this issue. I just did various tests because I have the same issue. I noticed if you completely disconnect the charger and insert the bionic in the dock the car dock opens 100% of the time. I'm using my car charger from my original Droid. Can any of you check and verify this also for I the few of you that don't have issues are you using old chargers or a new one? This could be a wire issue and not a phone issue.
    Last edited by kilxler; 09-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC!
    I am using the stoff silicone see thru case with the checkered or hatched pattern on the back on the inside. Fantastic case fits great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Droid Bionic - The Six Million Dollar Phone!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Is it possible to use the phone in portrait mode when in the car dock? Mine stays in landscape even when I turn the phone portrait.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic for me Droid X2 for her
    Quote Originally Posted by PhontomF View Post
    Is it possible to use the phone in portrait mode when in the car dock? Mine stays in landscape even when I turn the phone portrait.
    I also would like to know. Actually I'd just as soon no "dock" apps launched at all. I'm perfectly happy with a portrait mode phone holder/charger, and I'll run my own apps...... Just like with the OG Droid.
  10. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhontomF View Post
    Well as I'm sure ya know, the car dock is adjustable, what I don't know, or haven't tried, is to see if you can turn the car dock totally vertical. May want to give that a try.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links