DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need a tool to remove battery!

  1. Senior Droid
    brunla's Avatar
    Member #
    11368
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    #1

    Need a tool to remove battery!

    Ok... little surprised but to remove the battery on the Bionic, you need a tool like a screwdriver to pop it out. That really sucks. If you want to do a quick battery pull in the car or in a situation when you are not near a screwdriver, you cannot.

    Really Motorola?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Renae's Avatar
    Member #
    211174
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    231
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    BIONIC!
    #2
    There is a no tool icon right there on the battery. You can get it out without a tool. I did and I'm a chick, put some muscle into it. It might help that I have slightly longer nails than most guys. definitely not as easy to get out as the og Droid.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    malicious_a and ccgustavus like this.
  4. Senior Droid
    brunla's Avatar
    Member #
    11368
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    #3
    It's not about having muscles! I'm not a chick with nails either.

    If anybody comes up with any tricks (other than getting Lee Press-on nails), let me know.


    Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    There is a no tool icon right there on the battery. You can get it out without a tool. I did and I'm a chick, put some muscle into it. It might help that I have slightly longer nails than most guys. definitely not as easy to get out as the og Droid.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. Droid
    cplum's Avatar
    Member #
    2206
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    81
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    #4
    I am not a chick and I actual cut my finger nails yesterday. I tried again just now and was able to get mine out just with my fingers. It is a little bit hard but if you get your finger under the battery by the SD card you can pull it out.
  6. Senior Droid
    idefiler6's Avatar
    Member #
    197180
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    244
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    @idefiler6
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Pocket knife, what kind of boy scout are you???
  7. Droid
    malicious_a's Avatar
    Member #
    206703
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    There is a no tool icon right there on the battery. You can get it out without a tool. I did and I'm a chick, put some muscle into it. It might help that I have slightly longer nails than most guys. definitely not as easy to get out as the og Droid.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    thats hawt...LOL
  8. Droid
    dgoakill's Avatar
    Member #
    20658
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    55
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #7
    it's entirely too hard to pull the cover off. plus because it's plastic and the start point is near the opening for the camera there is a very good chance that sooner or later that plastic cover will snap under the pressure. Worst battery case design I've ever seen. On the bright side I think everyone is assuming they will be yanking the battery a lot like with the older droids................here's to hoping that daily opening is a thing of the past!
  9. Junior Droid
    homesick's Avatar
    Member #
    75760
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoakill View Post
    it's entirely too hard to pull the cover off. plus because it's plastic and the start point is near the opening for the camera there is a very good chance that sooner or later that plastic cover will snap under the pressure. Worst battery case design I've ever seen. On the bright side I think everyone is assuming they will be yanking the battery a lot like with the older droids................here's to hoping that daily opening is a thing of the past!
    I totally agree. this phone is sweet but the case and battery design suck balls. i bought the extra battery and battery charger because I am a heavy phone user. so I am quite annoyed about the process to take this thing apart to put in the spare battery. on a side note, to answer the op's question, in my experience after you have taken the battery out a few times it gets easier.
  10. Droid Jedi
    sweeeeet's Avatar
    Member #
    58717
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,703
    Liked
    230 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by homesick View Post
    I totally agree. this phone is sweet but the case and battery design suck balls. i bought the extra battery and battery charger because I am a heavy phone user. so I am quite annoyed about the process to take this thing apart to put in the spare battery. on a side note, to answer the op's question, in my experience after you have taken the battery out a few times it gets easier.
    Yup it sucks I agree... no nails and chubby fingers will make battery swaps quite an event... looks like ill be jamming a key or something to pry it open.. the case doesn't look very flush at the top but its on tight.. they should've taken the battery design from the dx so we can pull the battery super easy

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    NOTE DUECE

    Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  11. Droid Newbie
    darkhawk624's Avatar
    Member #
    5843
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    #10
    I tried to get the battery off for 15 minutes until a verizon rep told me to use a quarter. It popped right out with the quarter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 307
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 03:19 PM
  2. How to Remove Battery Cover
    By tgotch in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
  3. Replies: 140
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
  4. How to remove battery percentage?
    By Frik own a Stik in forum Bugless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 04:45 AM
  5. Remove battery cover?
    By jjenrette76 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 05:59 PM

Search tags for this page

droid bionic battery removal

,

how to remove battery from droid

,

how to remove battery from motorola droid

,

how to remove the battery from a droid

,
how to take a battery out of a droid bionic
,
how to take battery out of droid
,

how to take battery out of droid bionic

,

motorola droid battery removal

,

motorola droid remove battery

,

remove battery from droid bionic

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+