DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Can't sync Facebook with contacts! MUST HAVE!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic

HELP! Can't sync Facebook with contacts! MUST HAVE!!

I just left my Droid X to get the Bionic and while I LOVE the phone, I can't get my Facebook pics to sync with my phone contacts! Unlike the Droid X, there is no "link contact" button. There's a "join" button but it's only syncing to google which is NOT what I want. I like having the FB pics as my contact's pic when they call! Can someone help??? So far, that's the only problem with this phone!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    This has been mentioned already in other threads. Be patient it takes awhile for them to come over.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Open the app drawer and open "My Accounts". Add your Facebook account and it will sync. I did it but i removed it because I didn't want it too happen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    i did that when i first got the phone. they're just not syncing, and there's no "link accounts" button when you go to edit a contact. so disappointed...thanks for the reply though!!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I read that for another person it took awhile to show up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    BIONIC!
    I hope this is fixed for you. I had a similar sort of issue. I had my facebook account linked, but it wasn't as simple as my D1, where I believe they synced a lot easier.

I also am obsessed with having pictures for everyone on my contact list, and facebook is a good way to do that.

For me, I left it alone and power cycled it, and eventually I looked again and a the pictures populated. They had already synced with facebook, as if I looked at their contact information, some of the facebook info was there, but no picture. Most of them synced up and there were maybe 10 or 12 that I needed to manually join. I think it was due to the fact that for some reason the contacts that weren't syncing had the entire name in the first name box. So it said John Smith under fisrt name. Once I fixed it, it found their facebook profile when I joined it.

And you can use "join" to join it with a facebook account.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Where are you guy's finding a "join" button? I have several contacts whose pics did not sync up yet and am unable to find a "join" option anywhere, either in the facebook app, stock social networking app or from my contact list...
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    BIONIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils3023 View Post
    Where are you guy's finding a "join" button? I have several contacts whose pics did not sync up yet and am unable to find a "join" option anywhere, either in the facebook app, stock social networking app or from my contact list...
    Once you are in the edit the contact screen (contact list, not facebook), if you hit the menu or settings or whatever that first button is, you should get an option to "Join" with a highway merging symbol.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Please help

I do not even show a facebook app in my applications list nor the applications screen??? I may have deleted it somehow in an effort to to get it to sync with my contacts. I can add Facebook under the Accounts screen but when I open a contact there is no Facebook link there to go to their FB page, nor is there any FB pics showing up in my contacts. Is there a way without a master reset to download the FB app that came on my phone, which I am hearing is a Blur version not the one from the market?? I have tried and deleted the market one 3 times now.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Not sure if I'm thinking of the same thing...

Is everyone talking about their regular facebook contact pictures not syncing? Because my issue, which may or may not be what everyone is talking about in the first place, is that some of my FB contacts don't share their phone # on their FB page. And since you can't edit the FB contact, I always have to make another contact, duplicate name, but want to find a way to merge the two so that the picture is on the contact I had to make (since that's really the one that gets used!) If this is what everyone was talking about in the first place, my apologies, it just sounded like some where asking different questions. Thanks in advance for any info!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links