DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Official"? Bionic battery life thread

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    yellowrs999
    Phone
    Bionic
    I found that setting the phone on "maximum batter saver" I get it to last all day. Yes that means that I have to sometimes turn the screen on to get it to update, but with the factory battery, it does help. Some evening I plug my phone in and I still have 30-40% battery.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    had my droid for a while. rooted and running Eclipse. I'm kinda a light user. about 8 email accounts and pollling every 15 minutes or so. most days no text. wifi on about half the time. use it to read kindle a lot. some days I get about 4 hours out of it. even some nights on airplane mode over night it will drop to 70%. the battery level just seems to drop as I watch. I had bought some after market extended batteries and they proved to be junk and are gone. I'm running the stock batteries and charge on in the phone and one in the charger. any ideas?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    EnV Touch>Bionic
    Get the Verizon extended battery. Set you stock battery saver AP to maximum. You will be very happy. Minimum 12 hours out of mine with 30% remaining when I get home from work.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola bionic

bionic batt stuff

k, my 2 cents...i used the stock batt for a few days, but im an extended batt guy, no matter what phone i own...i upgrade asap. so i went with the verizon extended, which was not bad, usually a full day and a few hrs into the next, with reg usage..few calls, but mostly txt and not that much web. i have since picked up the mugen batt, (4000 something), and back cover...with reg usage, a full 2 days...charge every other day. this batt was about $80, but im very happy with it and will look to that brand if i pick up different phone in the future. sure, its thicker, but was very ez to get used to and causes no probs at all w me or how i use my phone. in fact, several others that have used it remark how it feels very solid and ez to handle, even though it's thicker and heavier.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerstempe View Post
    Get the Verizon extended battery. Set you stock battery saver AP to maximum. You will be very happy. Minimum 12 hours out of mine with 30% remaining when I get home from work.

stock battery saver AP to maximum? que?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    i stream all day and it does not matter if i put a car battery on it it still goes down fast gets hot and pisses me off
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I did do a battery level reset and that did seem to help a lot. but I might have screwed it up by doing it again with the seconds battery because now I'm back to where I started.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    So i have read through here. and see lots of people complaining about battery life. For me however, I usually get a minimum of 8 hours and more often than not at least 12. I have had it last more than two days in some situations.
    I think the stock battery is great, and i would dread the thickness of an extended battery.

Looking forward to seeing some battery life increases on ICS! (i hope)

Settings:
    usually 4g, sometimes ill drop it to 3g if i know im not doing anything data intensive.
    Data disconnect when screen is off.
    Low brightness (not all the way down though)
    Stock processor speeds
    quick screen timeout.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I had battery issues when i jumped to 246 via HoB. Played with smart actions, found it helped a lot, but it did not get me back to where i had been with 905. SamuriHL suggested an FDR, which i really didn't want to do, but after i did it, my battery life was much, much better after a couple of cycles - back to where it had been before ICS. I installed the data switch app from google play, and got into the habit of switching on wi-fi or data only when i turned on the screen, then turning it off when i was done. Smart actions can do this too, but i didn't always need data or wi-fi when i turned on the screen, so for me doing it manually was simple and easy, and it made a huge difference on battery life - from barely making it 8 hours, to going more than 24 hours, and still having 30% left on my battery. This worked for me, but do some research on what's involved with an FDR, and see if you're up to it. By the way, if you decide to do an FDR, app saver will allow you to save all your apps to your sd card and SMS backup+ will let you backup all your text messages to your google account. After the FDR you can reinstall your apps, and reload all your texts from google. Finally, look at your battery use in settings, and see if you have a particular app that seems to be consuming a lot of battery. Screen and Android OS should be the top two, then the others should be a good bit less. SamuriHL in his HoB FAQ listed a number of apps that he froze, and i found that disabling many if those apps helped me conserve battery life as well. Good luck!
    Last edited by bionicDman; 10-24-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Loving my Bionic again!! Thanks to ICS 247 courtesy of the HoB!!!!

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by V3XED View Post
    So i have read through here. and see lots of people complaining about battery life. For me however, I usually get a minimum of 8 hours and more often than not at least 12. I have had it last more than two days in some situations.
    I think the stock battery is great, and i would dread the thickness of an extended battery.

Looking forward to seeing some battery life increases on ICS! (i hope)

Settings:
    usually 4g, sometimes ill drop it to 3g if i know im not doing anything data intensive.
    Data disconnect when screen is off.
    Low brightness (not all the way down though)
    Stock processor speeds
    quick screen timeout.
    where are the settings for "data disconnect when screen is off" and those for processor speeds? I see the auto setting and dim setting in the settings ->display. not sure about the others

Links