DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Official"? Bionic battery life thread

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Has anyone ever used any of the mugen-powered extended batteries before? I was just looking at them (not available til 11/25), but they are supposed to keep the same size as the stock battery while increasing battery life. Never needed an extended battery on a phone until now. Problem is I am using the Otterbox Commuter case. The case is pretty essential for the type of work that I do and I cant get rid of it for one of the silicone or tpu cases. Hoping this might do the trick, just wanted some of your opinions or see if anyone has used products from them before.
    [HLI-XT875SL] Buy Mugen Power 2000mAh Extended Battery for Verzion Motorola Droid Bionic
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Twitter
    @LegalAmerican4
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Before I got the Extended Battery, I would take my phone off the charger at 7:30 a.m, and by lunch time around 1 P.M I was at 20% or less. And that was with the phone being idle for about 60% of that time. With the Extended battery, the phone is AMAZING. You can do whatever the heck you want, as much as you want and the battery will still get you through the entire day and then some.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Before I got the Extended Battery, I would take my phone off the charger at 7:30 a.m, and by lunch time around 1 P.M I was at 20% or less. And that was with the phone being idle for about 60% of that time. With the Extended battery, the phone is AMAZING. You can do whatever the heck you want, as much as you want and the battery will still get you through the entire day and then some.
    Good to here man ordered one yesterday should be here Wensday. I was same as you I dont turn nothing off. Thats why I bought the phone. How much thicker does it make it? I figure about as thick as at top?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    I've had my Bionic for less than a week and my battery life sucks. From a full charge, with moderate usage (which includes having GPS not maps or directions turned on), I'm dow from 99 to 70 in about an hour. WAY worse than my Fascinate! Any suggestions? Root and if so what ROM would give me the most battery life and speed?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Quote Originally Posted by sg1strgt View Post
    I've had my Bionic for less than a week and my battery life sucks. From a full charge, with moderate usage (which includes having GPS not maps or directions turned on), I'm dow from 99 to 70 in about an hour. WAY worse than my Fascinate! Any suggestions? Root and if so what ROM would give me the most battery life and speed?
    That really sucks man I dont tbink mine is quite that bad hard yo say Like I said I just ordered a extended battery so we will see. As far as root and roms there are only 4 out there only 2that are rven eorth doing Ive been on both TH3ORY and Liberty. Theory by far best of the two. As far as battery no difference unless ypu go to the leaked OTA5.7.893 and that is questionable I dont thinkbits much better. When the official OTA comes out if it does it is supposed to fix
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer
    I installed my new extended battery (BW8X) yesterday afternoon and it's now been running for 18 hours, 3 minutes, 8 seconds. When I had the original battery in my phone would be dead within six hours or less with moderate to heavy use. When I first installed the extended battery I let it charge fully while the phone was off. I then began using it heavily throughout the evening and let it stay on without charging overnight (on the data saver "night" mode). I started using it heavily again this morning at 7, trying to run the battery down quickly so I can do another full-charge cycle. I'm running videos, listening to music, widgets running, frequent email polling and syncing, reading news and this forum, etc., and I still have 32% battery left. I can't seem to run this thing down fast enough. I can't imagine the battery life I will have once the OTA hits.

Worth every bit of the $25 I paid for this. I still need a good case with a belt clip...
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition
    Acer A700
    Nook Color
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Twitter
    @LegalAmerican4
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddale View Post
    Good to here man ordered one yesterday should be here Wensday. I was same as you I dont turn nothing off. Thats why I bought the phone. How much thicker does it make it? I figure about as thick as at top?
    I think it's pretty close the same thickness as the hump. It might be a tiny bit thicker but for a phone that does what you expected it to do, all day long, it's totally worth it. I haven't regretted getting the extended battery and it actually made me like the phone so much more.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid
    Okay peeps here's the solution to the case. Use the otterbox without the back plastic piece.so with the extended battery you place the screen on then the rubber back.it is not perfect but I have had zero issues with it. works even with the belt clip. So there is the case solution.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by doctordoctor View Post
    Okay peeps here's the solution to the case. Use the otterbox without the back plastic piece.so with the extended battery you place the screen on then the rubber back.it is not perfect but I have had zero issues with it. works even with the belt clip. So there is the case solution.
    I had already considered that. I didn't like the fit of the back of the Otterbox on my phone without the battery door. I went with the Verizon case/holster (the one with the old lady couch pattern). I like it so far - slim profile, won't create a big lump in my suit, etc.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition
    Acer A700
    Nook Color
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Was getting about 10-12 hours with 4G on, and then I switched to 3G only and it's running the whole day which is great. 17 hours and im at 30%

Im reading a back at these posts and they had the extended battery for $25?! How could I miss this sale =[ . I see that it's online for $38 at VerizonWireless. Is this still a good deal or can I pick it up cheaper elsewhere still
Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Links