DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Official"? Bionic battery life thread

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder550 View Post
    Stock battery today....7 hours from full charge to phone shut-off. Wifi and bluetooth off, 2.5 hours of screen on time. One 3 minute phone call. Disappointing. I don't like the bulk of the high capacity battery at all but I'm gonna be stuck with it I guess.
    Quoted for reference. Using extended battery now, with wifi. BT still off. 14 hrs 45 min hours on battery, same 2.5 hours screen on time, still at 60%. Looking much better now. Will post results when I drain this one completely down, trying to do a calibration. Im actually getting used to the size of this thing, and find it easier to hold with the larger battery.
    Last edited by thunder550; 09-11-2011 at 08:14 AM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    zachfromkansas
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Yesterday I had the phone unplugged for 9.5 hrs and it went down to around 25-30% with moderate usage. Half the day at work on LTE, the other half on wifi.

I have noticed some weird stuff with the stock battery % reading. If you plug in a charger any time the phone is over 90% it will tell you it's fully charged. But of course I just look at circle battery widget and see it's not and is still charging and let it finish out. Also, the battery pic in the notification bar is always off. I'll be at 40% and by glancing at the battery pic you'd think I was at 75%.
    Sent from your mom's device through the control of my rooted Bionic.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder550 View Post

2700 some mAh as opposed to the stock 1700 some mAh
    Heck, the case they sold me with my stock bionic looks identical to this phone with the extended battery. Not sure if they did this to create air flow for the phone or not. If not, it looks like I may have a case that will work with the extended battery
    Last edited by scooby101; 09-11-2011 at 09:45 AM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by chadmeister View Post
    I have no complaints about the extended battery besides finding a good case for it. I watched a movie on netflix, played 25 songs while I was at worked, talked abut 45 minutes and its been on for 12 hours and its about 3/4 still full and that is with wifi. I haven't adjusted any other setting. For those wondering what it looks like check here: Droid Bionic extended battery | Android Central
    Where did you get this battery? Did VZ have it or did you have to order it off the internet?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby101 View Post
    Heck, the case they sold me with my stock bionic looks identical to this phone with the extended battery. Not sure if they did this to create air flow for the phone or not. If not, it looks like I may have a case that will work with the extended battery
    Are you referring to the plastic hard case/holster combo? Yes, that one will fit the extended battery, and it is currently the only case available that will fit the extended battery.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby101 View Post
    Where did you get this battery? Did VZ have it or did you have to order it off the internet?
    The extended battery is being carried by Verizon. Since Verizon is currently running a promo where they are selling LTE phone extended batteries for 50% off, your store may be out of stock on them. However, they can order it and ship it to you (had to do this for my son's Bionic, the store had more Bionics in stock than they had extended batteries).
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid
    My battery life is horrible! I expected much better. All well still love the phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by doctordoctor View Post
    My battery life is horrible! I expected much better. All well still love the phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Drain and Fill has worked wonders for my battery life
    I drained the battery all the way to 0% (phone shutoff) - battery pull and press power button for at least 10 secs
    Plug in and let the phone charge to 100%.

Do this 2 times and you should see better battery life.

Another thing I found is that Skype running in the background will KILL your battery because it's constantly using the LTE radio even if you're not using it if you're logged in.
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
  9. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Wheels View Post
    Another thing I found is that Skype running in the background will KILL your battery because it's constantly using the LTE radio even if you're not using it if you're logged in.
    That's why you should always exit Skype when you're done using it.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    One more report : Got the phone Saturday afternoon, nothing really interesting to report other than I drained it almost to phone shut off.

Day 2: Sunday. Off charger at 6:30AM. Traveling most of the day to and from my daughters soccer game. In and out of 4G service areas. Display on MOST of the time. Using browser extensively, google maps, camera, facebook, email, and LOTS of text. Battery was at 20% at 6.5 hours, by 7 hours it was nearly dead, back on charger just before phone shut off.

Not the greatest life, but it was pretty heavy usage, will see how it behaves this week (will be in 4G Monday - Thursday). If I cant get a full day out of it with my "normal" usage (NOT what I did yesterday), Ill have to pick up an extended life battery.

Today will not be a good test as it has been on the USB cable for a while this morning migrating stuff from the old OG droid.

jc
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Links