DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: ★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer
    Bought the Bionic yesterday from Costco. Brought it home, charged it, activated it, rooted it, froze unnecessary apps - all in that order. This phone is FAST. So far, here are my thoughts:

1. The pentile screen isn't anywhere near as bad as I remember it being when I first saw it in the VZW store a month ago. In fact, I can't see the screen door effect at all.

2. Battery life is not good, but I've been constantly using it so I can't complain. The accessory pack will be here soon with the extra battery so that'll work for me.

3. I got a few data drops but I can't attribute it to the phone yet. I live only .75 mile from a tower but my house is down in a bowl so I use a network extender (3G only). So far the phone works well with it. I work from home so I'm on WiFi all the time anyway. I think I'll be fine until the OTA update comes out. (For me to pick up the tower I would need an antenna approximately 25 feet above my roof line.)

4. I am so used to PE 6.5 that I really don't like the stock stuff on the phone. Not nearly as customizable, especially with the stock messaging apps (email, text). I stopped using Handcent back when my OG Droid quit playing nice, but I may go back to it.

5. Blur is so-so. I don't hate it, but it's not very flexible at all.

After the OTA fix comes over I may do some more messing around with it. I'll probably wait for ICS before I ROM this thing. Overall this is a really nice phone. I'm on my phone for work and play all the time, so I beat up my phones pretty good. The only complaint I have is that this phone is a bit bigger than I'm used to, and it will be even bigger when I get a nice sturdy case for it.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition
    Acer A700
    Nook Color
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crypto View Post
    Bought the Bionic yesterday from Costco. Brought it home, charged it, activated it, rooted it, froze unnecessary apps - all in that order. This phone is FAST. So far, here are my thoughts:

1. The pentile screen isn't anywhere near as bad as I remember it being when I first saw it in the VZW store a month ago. In fact, I can't see the screen door effect at all.

2. Battery life is not good, but I've been constantly using it so I can't complain. The accessory pack will be here soon with the extra battery so that'll work for me.

3. I got a few data drops but I can't attribute it to the phone yet. I live only .75 mile from a tower but my house is down in a bowl so I use a network extender (3G only). So far the phone works well with it. I work from home so I'm on WiFi all the time anyway. I think I'll be fine until the OTA update comes out. (For me to pick up the tower I would need an antenna approximately 25 feet above my roof line.)

4. I am so used to PE 6.5 that I really don't like the stock stuff on the phone. Not nearly as customizable, especially with the stock messaging apps (email, text). I stopped using Handcent back when my OG Droid quit playing nice, but I may go back to it.

5. Blur is so-so. I don't hate it, but it's not very flexible at all.

After the OTA fix comes over I may do some more messing around with it. I'll probably wait for ICS before I ROM this thing. Overall this is a really nice phone. I'm on my phone for work and play all the time, so I beat up my phones pretty good. The only complaint I have is that this phone is a bit bigger than I'm used to, and it will be even bigger when I get a nice sturdy case for it.
    Congrats on your new phone!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Congrats on your new phone!
    Thanks!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition
    Acer A700
    Nook Color
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Has that newly rooted smell...
    Haven't been on in forever. Was still rocking my OG Droid, until yesterday. Outside of cracking the screen, and a bit of a random reboot problem over the last couple months, she ran like a champ with zero issues for me. But it was just time.
    Loving this Bionic so far.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jbjtkbw00
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

New Bionic User Here

Got mine on Thursday of this past week. LOVE this phone.

http://www.speedtest.net/android/97523806.png
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855 4/1/10
    aw yeah, OG droid > Bionic... tasty
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2 , bionic
    had my bionic for like 3 weeks had data connectivity drop from 4g to 3g 2x over 3 week span, other then that phone is kick ass, hit 47 mbps download and 15 upload,
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Quote Originally Posted by indymale26 View Post
    had my bionic for like 3 weeks had data connectivity drop from 4g to 3g 2x over 3 week span, other then that phone is kick ass, hit 47 mbps download and 15 upload,
    where were you standing under the 4g tower
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2 , bionic
    i live in indianapolis indiana man sometimes i hit on avg of 36 mbps and sometimes in the 40's i know **** is crazy but when i go to other 4g areas i get 20 soo idk but it is super fast way faster then uverse and xfinity here
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Quote Originally Posted by indymale26 View Post
    i live in indianapolis indiana man sometimes i hit on avg of 36 mbps and sometimes in the 40's i know **** is crazy but when i go to other 4g areas i get 20 soo idk but it is super fast way faster then uverse and xfinity here
    Im in Ill wright by Ohara Airport highest I ever got in 20"s in my house I get about 11 average. On a good day it will beat At&T dsl.
Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Links