Bought the Bionic yesterday from Costco. Brought it home, charged it, activated it, rooted it, froze unnecessary apps - all in that order. This phone is FAST. So far, here are my thoughts:
1. The pentile screen isn't anywhere near as bad as I remember it being when I first saw it in the VZW store a month ago. In fact, I can't see the screen door effect at all.
2. Battery life is not good, but I've been constantly using it so I can't complain. The accessory pack will be here soon with the extra battery so that'll work for me.
3. I got a few data drops but I can't attribute it to the phone yet. I live only .75 mile from a tower but my house is down in a bowl so I use a network extender (3G only). So far the phone works well with it. I work from home so I'm on WiFi all the time anyway. I think I'll be fine until the OTA update comes out. (For me to pick up the tower I would need an antenna approximately 25 feet above my roof line.)
4. I am so used to PE 6.5 that I really don't like the stock stuff on the phone. Not nearly as customizable, especially with the stock messaging apps (email, text). I stopped using Handcent back when my OG Droid quit playing nice, but I may go back to it.
5. Blur is so-so. I don't hate it, but it's not very flexible at all.
After the OTA fix comes over I may do some more messing around with it. I'll probably wait for ICS before I ROM this thing. Overall this is a really nice phone. I'm on my phone for work and play all the time, so I beat up my phones pretty good. The only complaint I have is that this phone is a bit bigger than I'm used to, and it will be even bigger when I get a nice sturdy case for it.