DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: ★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    1kamisan
    Phone
    D2VZW Verizon Galaxy SIII
    Got my bionic this weekend put a theory 2.0. Rom on it after root then jrummy cpu overclock app to underclock while screen is off so far 90% liking it 10% wishing battery life was better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    You are given much only as a test- to see if you will give it away. Most people fail this test.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamisan View Post
    Got my bionic this weekend put a theory 2.0. Rom on it after root then jrummy cpu overclock app to underclock while screen is off so far 90% liking it 10% wishing battery life was better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    get the extended battery on sale at vzw.com for $24.99
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I'm a bad, bad mom! I went to Verizon on Saturday to check out a couple of phones for my son's birthday. I have been having some serious issues with my Palm Pre lately, so decided to take advantage of my NE2 and took home a Bionic. My first Droid! I've been compiling a list of apps from this board over the past several weeks, so immediately loaded on what I thought were the most important ones and dug in to play! I LOVE it! My first day of battery use got me around 8 hours with heavy use and downloads. Yesterday, about the same. Same type of use. Today, I'm at work and will have to leave it alone for the better part of the day, so should be able to get through until bedtime to charge it.

My husband has a SERIOUS case of Droid Envy... We're heading back this weekend to get him one too! We also have our son's birthday on Sunday for, yet, another Droid purchase! Ahhhhh....

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    A family that Droids together, stays together..... or something like that
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
  5. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudasau View Post
    I'm a bad, bad mom! I went to Verizon on Saturday to check out a couple of phones for my son's birthday. I have been having some serious issues with my Palm Pre lately, so decided to take advantage of my NE2 and took home a Bionic. My first Droid! I've been compiling a list of apps from this board over the past several weeks, so immediately loaded on what I thought were the most important ones and dug in to play! I LOVE it! My first day of battery use got me around 8 hours with heavy use and downloads. Yesterday, about the same. Same type of use. Today, I'm at work and will have to leave it alone for the better part of the day, so should be able to get through until bedtime to charge it.

My husband has a SERIOUS case of Droid Envy... We're heading back this weekend to get him one too! We also have our son's birthday on Sunday for, yet, another Droid purchase! Ahhhhh....

Glad your liking it Make sure you keep all apps on internal memory until the patch tho
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Akivaran
    Phone
    Moto Droid Bionic
    Howdy y'all, Akiva here...

Got my Bionic 2 weeks ago, upgraded from an Env2. I waited through my whole 2 year contract with VZW and was richly rewarded. Amazon Wireless was having a deal where all of the VZW phone were $.01 with a new contract or a new family line. Since my contract was up, I added a new line and got my Bionic for $.01! Cancelled my previous line and emailed friends/family with new phone number. Totally worth it!!!

My only real complaint is the camera. It's horrible!!! Granted I'm not an experience camera phone user, I guess it will take some getting used to.

Is there a thread on why someone should root a phone? I'm terrified of bricking my shiny pretty phone. I soft modded my Wii, and was sweating bullets the entire time.

oky, Akiva out!!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bill_garrett
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Akivaran View Post
    My only real complaint is the camera. It's horrible!!! Granted I'm not an experience camera phone user, I guess it will take some getting used to.

Is there a thread on why someone should root a phone? I'm terrified of bricking my shiny pretty phone. I soft modded my Wii, and was sweating bullets the entire time.

oky, Akiva out!!
    In regard to the camera, yes, it's horribly slow for now, but an update is already in the wild that speeds it up, or you can get another camera app. The problem with the stock camera is the software, not the hardware.

In regard to rooting, if you don't know why you would want to do it, you probably shouldn't. It's not worth it. Besides following the steps, you also need to have an understanding or want to have a significant understanding of how the OS works, which is more than most phone users really want to deal with in their spare time.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Akivaran
    Phone
    Moto Droid Bionic
    The problem with the stock camera is the software, not the hardware.
    I noticed there are apps for the camera on the market, can you recommend where I can find a place to compare them? While I'm adept at completing a google search, I would prefer word of mouth recommendation.

Thanks, Akiva out!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Akivaran View Post
    I noticed there are apps for the camera on the market, can you recommend where I can find a place to compare them? While I'm adept at completing a google search, I would prefer word of mouth recommendation.

Thanks, Akiva out!
    As it's been stated, there will be a software update for the camera soon. Until then, I've been doinking around with Camera 360 and Vignette (demo). Another I've heard mentioned in the forums is Camera Zoom. My intent is to wait for the update and see what it does for the stock software. If I'm still not happy, I'll buy an app that works best for me.

Just download a couple free demos and play around with each one. See which one works best for you. Personally, I like the Vignette's ability to let you use your volume button for the shutter. Makes it feel more like a real" camera.

Take some time and start reading some of the threads in here. There's a lot of good information and suggestions everywhere in this forum.

See ya around....
    "The world is made up of two types of people -- Flip-phone and smart-phone people." (From a sales seminar)
    "Oh geeze, I work with a bunch of no-phone people." (Gudasau)
  10. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudasau View Post
    As it's been stated, there will be a software update for the camera soon. Until then, I've been doinking around with Camera 360 and Vignette (demo). Another I've heard mentioned in the forums is Camera Zoom. My intent is to wait for the update and see what it does for the stock software. If I'm still not happy, I'll buy an app that works best for me.

Just download a couple free demos and play around with each one. See which one works best for you. Personally, I like the Vignette's ability to let you use your volume button for the shutter. Makes it feel more like a real" camera.

Take some time and start reading some of the threads in here. There's a lot of good information and suggestions everywhere in this forum.

See ya around....
    This was just posted on moto forums:

Thank you for your post moelsen8 and good morning. I'm very happy to see that you realize that it's camera firmware that limits the quality of the camera in certain areas. The good news is that firmware can always be tweaked vs. a hardware issue that would be a major problem, and I'm sure we all hope that the next update will address this area of the Bionic. IMHO, the Bionic camera has the best performance of all of the Motorola Android devices overall that I have tested up to the current time. The flash synchronization is now perfectly timed with shutter sync. The greenish cast that existed in some low-light situations is gone and the detail of objects in the background when photographing landscape type of photos that was missing previously in low-light is noticeably improved, at least on my Bionic and on the tests that I have run on the Bionic thus far. Thanks. --- Dan

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...t=45&tstart=30
Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Links