DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: ★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    ^I'm having great luck with SwiftKey for a keyboard.
    This is what I use & it works great on the Bionic!

I've had my Bionic a few days now & I absolutely LOVE it! It was worth the wait to me! I know everyone has their own opinion but I think they're NUTS if they say the screen is bad!! It is absolutely gorgeous to me! No pixelation on mine, the camera works GREAT! No it's NOT an SLR but it's a DAMN phone! I took some low light pics in a bar the other night & they came out fine. Friends with their crackberry's were trying to get their camera's to work when I just hit the icon & it booted in an instant! All their eyes were just poppin!!

I am wondering if maybe they made different batches of phones & some batches had bad screens? I ordered mine over the phone from Verizon & got their online discount of $50. Mine came out of Pennsylvania...maybe some locations just got bad batches...I have noticed quite a few complaints from those that got their's from Cosco..maybe if we all post where we got it from when we post our review a pattern will start to form?

Now I am just waiting to the 3rd parties to make some accessories cheaper than the Verizon store...if they would just lower their prices a bit I would buy from them in an instant!!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    This is what I use & it works great on the Bionic!

I've had my Bionic a few days now & I absolutely LOVE it! It was worth the wait to me! I know everyone has their own opinion but I think they're NUTS if they say the screen is bad!! It is absolutely gorgeous to me! No pixelation on mine, the camera works GREAT! No it's NOT an SLR but it's a DAMN phone! I took some low light pics in a bar the other night & they came out fine. Friends with their crackberry's were trying to get their camera's to work when I just hit the icon & it booted in an instant! All their eyes were just poppin!!

I am wondering if maybe they made different batches of phones & some batches had bad screens? I ordered mine over the phone from Verizon & got their online discount of $50. Mine came out of Pennsylvania...maybe some locations just got bad batches...I have noticed quite a few complaints from those that got their's from Cosco..maybe if we all post where we got it from when we post our review a pattern will start to form?

Now I am just waiting to the 3rd parties to make some accessories cheaper than the Verizon store...if they would just lower their prices a bit I would buy from them in an instant!!
    FWIW, Cruzer Lite (sells through Amazon) just made a bunch of TPU cases available in different colors through Amazon. Bought from them before and I really like their cases, and the prices are good as well (all under $10 each). I don't believe the cases will fit the Bionic with the extended battery though.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Picked my Bionic up at Best Buy Mobile yesterday for $199. Didn't think it was a bad price considering it was the cheapest I've seen yet. I'm still messing with it non stop just to try and figure out what's new. A big difference from my OG Droid.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    A lot of places seem to like selling the Bionic for $199. I got mine at letstalk fir $219 then used a 30% coupon to get it down to $175.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I had Best Buy honor Radio Shacks deal that's going on right now. Plus I had some reward dollars that took some more off. Can't really complain.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I just picked up a Bionic at Verizon after getting my paycheck. I get to work and check here to look for roms, and end up finding out that Radio Shack (right down the road from Verizon store) has the Bionic for 199, and I paid 299 at Verizon. I called the Verizon store and asked if they do price matches and they said no. They told me I could return the phone within 14 days but there is a $35 restocking fee. This sucks. At least I'll be able to get it for $65 cheaper...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Got that Blue RaZR
    im a little behind the times but i got mine today!!! LOVE IT!!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BIONIC- Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by mdroid2g View Post
    I had the voyager and my wife had to be there. The voyager has the best keyboard ever put on iphone I believe, and my wife loves the dare because she can hit the screen with her fingernails. My daughters are using them now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    I agree that if i voyager keyboard with the bionic internals i would never need another phone
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bill_garrett
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I've had the bionic for two days now and haven't found a reason to root it yet, except that I can

I'm coming from the Eris and obviously this is leaps and bounds, but it's just such a beast, I think I'll be content for quite some time. Beautiful screen, fast response, nice camera, and great accessories. Also, definitely worth the $$$. Does it cost more than other phones? Yes. Does it offer more than other phones? Yes. And as offerings for phones get more hardware intensive, it'll show.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MOTO Targa
    I don't usually spend 630 bucks on a phone, but I just got mine for full retail yesterday. I was bored the night before and posted my blunderbolt for sale on craigslist. Literally the next day, I had an offer for 350 with all the stuff I had with it. I met him sold it for cash and went straight to the big red store next door. I used to be a Sense fan...

Well no longer. I cannot believe the poor finish I had to put with on the thunderbolt. Crap reception, crap signal period, crap battery life(with the extended too), lag, messages being sent to the wrong person out of nowhere from my phone, more lag, random losses of data, dropped calls out the as*. It wasnt the worst phone I ever had, but it was close.

The bionic is almost perfect. The pentile screen is not "pixelated" or at least that is not what I would call it. It is very fine, almost so fine its cartoonish. The screen under bright sunlight is hands down better than the blunderbolt. Battery life on my binonic is sadly enough 90% of what the thunderbolt with an extended battery was - yes it is that much better. It is light, slim, the camera takes FANTASTIC pictures - it also zooms in on pics closer too and the flash is 2x as bright, it is more stable, the reception is WAY BETTER THAN THE THUNDERBOLT, and most important, the UI is much lighter than Sense.

I do miss the app scroller, and nice widgets of sense but overall MOTO's UI is just... less - as in less intrusive, and way easier on memory. It is a little clunkier, and not quite as intuitive, but the sacrifice is worth it for the sake of stablility and speed.

I am extremely impressed with my new bionic. I should have just got a moto phone when I switched to verizon in the spring. If the PHONE part of a smartphone is the most important to you(aka reception, signal strength, retention, battery life) are the most important to you kick any doubts aside. I dont care if the next HTC device on big red has a quad core processor, 2 gigs of ram and a 1080p SLCD... This is a phone. Yes, I want a 5" moto phone, but its just not gonna happen anytime soon - but seriously it gets better reception than ANY smartphone I have owned.

It is quick, stable, reliable, and lightweight(and I just put a ext batt on it too). Until I see a 5" successor to this, I am saving my coveted upgrade. Making the switch from HTC was the best(if not the most expensive) phone purchase Ive made all year, and I dont regret it.

Metal construction, the best quality control and radio tech in the industry combined with dual core OMAP and 1gig of ram and LTE make this the phone to have until its successor comes out.
    tgyberg likes this.
    Cheers!
Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Links