"If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris
If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
I would definitely agree that buying the TB because it's cheaper isn't exactly the smartest move, unless you literally cannot afford the Bionic obviously.
It's like I told my father when he asked me what TV he should buy, he said, well this 720P is $699, I said, if you're willing to spend $700, you might as well spend $900 and get 1080p.
In the end, you'll be saving money by not having to upgrade a lot sooner than normal and you'll enjoy a higher quality device.
This is in the back of my mind also and I'm having an OG Droid. There are two reasons the D1 isn't good enough for me. Firstly, RAM is too small and I often have to HotBoot because it won't work with 40 MB of RAM left. I believe the T-Bolt would have enough RAM to run smoothly. Secondly LTE is a big upgrade imho.
However, while the fact that T-Bolt is a first gen device doesn't bother me as much, I'm concerned that I'll have to buy a bulky battery that will make my phone thicker than my D1. Second I'm also concerned that the device is being dumped by HTC and that it is made by HTC. By most people's accounts Motorola's hardware is more reliable.
But the Bionic is not going to be without its issues. There's no example of any mobile device not needing a few OTA updates by a carrier. So my plan at the moment is to wait for a month for the Bionic's issues do be ironed out, for its price to drop, for the device to be rooted, the reviews to come out and for the competition to perhaps come up with something better.
It seems ironic, but it seems that the best thing to do to the Bionic is to make it wait for you, like you have been waiting for it.