DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Lost my resolve.

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Lost my resolve.

Too many good phones seem to be coming up. I was going to get the Bionic as soon as it came out since I've needed a new phone for a while but the GSII and HTC Vigor are coming out within a month after the bionic. I think I'm actually going to have to wait for reviews of all 3 phones before I make my decision.

Anyone else in this boat?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    I'm going to see how the Bionic is once I get one in my hands, then will decide.
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    don't count your chickens with those release date

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr v3c
    I'll just buy all three out of contract, throw two away..
    Canon 5D II, 16-35mm f/2.8L II, 50mm f/1.8 II, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS. 2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000, BST Wheels, Brembo 19RCS. Motorola Razr V3c.
  6. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Well the HTC Vigor do not look for that any time soon. May be December the earliest. Another phone with Bad battery life.. They should fix the battery issue before releasing anything. It will probably go the same route as the Thunderbolt That was suppose to be released November of last year and ended up being released February of this year. The GS2 If it has LTE that will not be out until late 4th Q the earliest according to my sources and without LTE I will pass on the GS2.. As of right now the Bionic is my only choice.
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I think the GSII with LTE will be out sooner than you think Preach. Think about it, Samsung has built and released test units for 2 new versions of the GSII for other carriers within 3 months of the original's release. That alone proves they are highly capable of developing different versions of their phones for multiple carriers within a very short time period.

But, if the Bionic feels good in hand and it's screen doesn't look like shat, I'll probably buy it just because I want a new phone.
    Last edited by Liderc; 08-11-2011 at 01:41 PM.
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liderc View Post
    I think the GSII with LTE will be out sooner than you think Preach. Considering there's been 2 different version of it already developed and altered quite a bit, I don't see why they would find it difficult to do another version with an LTE chip in a similar time frame.

But, if the Bionic feels good in hand and it's screen doesn't look like shat, I'll probably buy it just because I want a new phone.

If I know that the Bionic was going to take this long to get released I would of never gave up my DX to my wife for her Storm1 last year.. I could of held on to it and use my own upgrade...
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think the GSII with LTE will be out sooner than you think Preach. Think about it, Samsung has built and released test units for 2 new versions of the GSII for other carriers within 3 months of the original's release. That alone proves they are highly capable of developing different versions of their phones for multiple carriers within a very short time period.

But you leave out the VZW factor... my understanding over the years is that their QC and testing is what frequently pushes release dates out. Vendor has phone ready and by the time VZW makes all their changes, it's a long time to market.

Like most others... I'm gonna wait until the Bionic hits the street and can hold one and put it through the paces. My D1 is limping along with frequent reboots, etc... but I'm nursing it until the Bionic is out. Hoping it meets up to the hype and I can get a replacement. The biggest thing I want besides LTE is enough memory so I'm not getting those "Low on memory" messages and having to choose which apps to keep or drop.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    I think the GSII with LTE will be out sooner than you think Preach. Considering there's been 2 different version of it already developed and altered quite a bit, I don't see why they would find it difficult to do another version with an LTE chip in a similar time frame.

If I know that the Bionic was going to take this long to get released I would of never gave up my DX to my wife for her Storm1 last year.. I could of held on to it and use my own upgrade...
    You poor soul

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums
    You can't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

That would make me worry. If they are putting them out that fast I would definitely be worried about build quality. Samsung phones have never been known for this anyways.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Links